Unix / Linux Consultant
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£550 - £550
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client is an IT service provider who requires a Unix / Linux Consultant to support various on-prem and cloud based projects for one of their key customers in the financial sector.
DURATION: 10 MONTHS
RATE: £550 (INSIDE IR35)
** REMOTE **
Looking for a consultant to help drive and deliver Linux/Unix based engagements with in-depth delivery capability of enterprise Unix system architectures.
- Must have good technical hands-on delivery and setup experience with, RHEL 5,6,7&8
- Must have understanding and some experience with Unix and Linux OS such CentOS, Fedora, GNU/Linux, SUSE, Oracle Linux, Xenserver Linux, Solaris 10 & 11
- Unix scripting, Python, Terraform skills - Have experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Provide hands-on creation and support in implementing patching RHEL Linux solutions and proving application build pipeline automation for processes
- Ability to effectively function in a cross team's
- Have experience building automation pipeline
- Have experience in working with AWS (preferred), Azure and Google data services
- Have experience in client facing projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ year of hands on in designing and implementing a fully operational production grade large scale Linux solutions RedHat.
- 2+ years of hands on experience designing and implementing production grade Ansible based solutions
- 2+ years' experience working with Git repositories
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing and managing data platforms, on premises or in the cloud.
- Existing technical certification within data focused technology or cloud provider.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to problem solve.
- A configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef or Saltstack
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
- Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform Accreditations Red Hat Certified system administrator (RHCSA) Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.