Group Financial Controller
£100000 - £130000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client is a fast-growing consultancy with around 1000 employees, and offices within seven of the worlds leading markets; UK, Germany, Belgium, US, Singapore, Bulgaria and Australia. We are a consultancy with a difference; we put our people first and are passionate about providing our clients with deep technical and industry insights that deliver real and measurable results - with pragmatism. Being an independent consultancy, we are not afraid to bring our own point of view, and challenge to help clients create outcomes that are right for them.
We have had some great achievements this year; winning a top ten spot in the UK for the thirteenth successive year by the Great Place to Work Institute. As well as being recognised for our leadership on workplace gender equality by most recently winning the Women of the Future Corporate Award 2021 and also being recognised by The Times as one of the top 50 employers for women.
Business Unit Overview:
The Finance team enables and supports my clients financial success, delivering a great finance service to our various stakeholders. The team is made up of professionals across Accounts Payable and Receivables, to Financial Control, Tax and Commercial Finance support. The Finance team provides the necessary support to ensure our growing business is in control of its financial and commercial performance, as well as compliant with finance and tax regulations that our business works under in the UK and internationally.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Finance Director and working alongside the wider Finance team leadership, you will be responsible for Financial and Management Reporting, International Finance and Audit.
* Management Accounting:
* Own the financial reporting timetable for the Group (which includes a number of subsidiaries). This includes:
* The production of Group Management Accounts, delivered to a high standard within planned timelines.
* Responsible for monthly production of balance sheet reconciliations for the Group and subsidiaries.
* Preparation of cash flow (including forecasts) to inform working capital requirements.
* Management of the financial accounting and control team
* Statutory Accounts and Audit:
* Alongside the Finance Director you will lead the relationship with my clients auditors.
* Management of the annual Audit for the Group, from planning to accounts signing.
* Attend the Finance & Audit Executive for all Audit related activities.
* Be the "technical expert" across the Finance function, advising on best practice and the application of accounting standards across the business.
* Financial Control Environment:
* Own Group and local (where relevant) financial controls, working across the Finance Leadership Team to ensure Baringas financial processes and procedures operate within a strong control environment and ensure regulatory compliance.
* Lead the evaluation of our existing financial control processes.
* Help to ensure Baringas risk appetite is adhered to and incorporated within Baringas financial processes and procedures.
* Support the wider Business Transformation programme (re-platforming) in implementing best in class processes, financial controls and reporting. Specifically, assessing the current and future-state of our business processes to consider the impact on the re-platforming.
* Working across the Finance Leadership Team to embed a culture of continuous improvement across all processes and controls.
* Support adhoc projects and Corporate functions (HR, Marketing, IT, etc.) with information requests as required.
* Banking and Operations:
* Alongside the Finance Director you will lead the relationship with banking partners.
* Responsible for reviewing and signing off payment runs in conjunction with the Head of Finance Operations.
* Collaborate with the Finance Leadership team to develop and deliver the Finance Strategy
* Support strategic ambitions which could involve support on M&A activities, or Group Structuring advice.
* Working alongside Baringas Tax Manager, Responsible for overseeing the production, review and filing of regulatory returns with HMRC and relevant overseas authorities as appropriate.
* Actively participate in the development of the accounting and control team, providing coaching and enhancing the capabilities of direct reports and the controllership team.
What are we looking for?
* Qualified accountant minimum 5+ years of PQE, with knowledge of FRS102.
* Strong technical accounting skills and deep knowledge of IFRS / FRS (US GAAP knowledge an advantage)
* Track record of operating at FC or similar level within an international business setting; demonstrable experience of leading and motivating teams
* Experience within the professional services sector would be advantageous
* Resilient and committed individual, able to operate in a fast paced and challenging environment
* Excellent time management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office packages, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics desirable due to implementation choice for new Finance system