Flexible Homeworking Options Available
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a ServiceNow Developer to configure, integrate and lead components of software development for applications and systems, ensuring that technical components are fit for purpose and meet the agreed business and system requirements. This will primarily be focused on the Service Now platform with the possible opportunity to be involved in additional development projects, too.
These are brand new roles within the start of a new team, with exciting Grassroots projects to get involved in.
In this role, you will:
- Consult and advise business stakeholders on new business initiatives requiring IT solutions within area of expertise in order to ensure a planned and cohesive IT development approach that meets business needs and is aligned to Group IT Strategy.
- Review, analyse and evaluate IT system requirements in collaboration with IT Business Analysts and IT Solution Designers to ensure that they provide sufficient clarity to enable the production of technical development estimates and effective IT system development.
- Evaluate and interpret end-to-end technical system designs and recommend changes to applications and / or products within area of responsibility, collaborating with IT Solution Designers to ensure that the final IT solution is fit for purpose and meets the agreed system requirements.
- Configure, develop, unit test, integrate and lead complex / large technical code changes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as required, to build technical solutions to agreed estimates, time and quality requirements.
- Document and direct the handover of software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation and coordinate the resolution of live technical incidents and system problems as and when required, in accordance with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Research, understand and apply new technical tools, processes and technical developments to promote continuous improvement in quality and efficiency standards throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Coach and mentor team members and colleagues on their technical skills to improve their competency, quality and consistency of work.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
What we're looking for
- An Information Technology related degree, or equivalent industry experience.
- Meaningful relevant and demonstrable experience of IT software development
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Development Experience
- ServiceNow System Administration
- Familiarity with UI, SQL, HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of XML and structural programming concepts.
- ITIL awareness
- Experience of various software development methodologies (desirable)
- Formal qualification in technical area of specialism (desirable)
What we can offer
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being "a great place to work" and one of only 39 companies across the globe. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021 for career development. When you join us, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- A Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)?
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts?
- Gym subsidy?
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
- Potential study support (Azure, SQL, ServiceNow)
NFU Mutual is happy to offer its employees informal homeworking. Our teams is?located in Stratford-upon-Avon?and it would be expected that on average, 50% of your working time would be located from this office, with the remaining days home based should you wish. Due to COVID-19, our employees continue to work from home and a return to the office is being planned for later in the year.
One of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers' needs for over 100 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.
At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers' financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 6th February 2022
Contact Name: NFU Mutual