Data Analyst - Public sector
£300 - £350
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My Public Sector and Government client, is looking for a Data Analyst to manipulate and analyse large volumes of information using appropriate tools and methods to verify data quality as part of their Engagement and Communications Division.Client DetailsMy client is a division of government within the public sector based in Salisbury Description The successful candidate for the Data Analyst - Public Sector contract role will fulfil the following:Support the Lead with developing hypothesis, building data models using advanced analytical techniques
* Develop MI Tools, Products and Techniques that further grow the analytics capability.
* Apply data science techniques to provide insights in People Data.
* Conduct statistical analysis on bespoke questions to provide deeper understanding from working across the employee lifecycle
* Manipulate and analyse large volumes of information using appropriate tools and methods to verify data quality and use robust problem-solving abilities
* Complete Quantitative and Qualitative analysis
* Work in partnership with the wider Workforce Planning and People Insights Team to deliver products based on user needs, carry out adhoc deep-dive requests and complete returns to external partners
* Work in partnership with Finance colleagues and wider HR team to provide comprehensive workforce analysis that triangulates workforce information, finance and resourcing activity data to inform recruitment and retention activity
* Support the Workforce Planning and People Analytics Lead by identifying insights and recommendations in a manner that is easily understood and aids data driven decision-making
* Support the Workforce Planning and People Analytics Lead with the delivery of the People Data pack and insight for Executive, Board and Senior Leadership TeamProfileTo be considered for the Salisbury based, Data Analyst - Public Sector contract role, the candidate must present evidence of the following:Essential:Ability to carry out multiple types of analysis including variable analysis, regression analysis, factor analysis and thematic analysisProven track record of utilising Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivots, macros, etc)Working knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI and ShinyKnowledge and previous work with data analysis, dissemination and presentation best practiceKnowledge and application of analytical techniques and dashboard design best practiceAbility to analyse complex and extensive data sets to generate clear evidence-based conclusions and recommendations that inform decision makingAbility to communicate complex analytical results to a non-specialist audienceGood understanding of finance data and an ability to blend this with people dataExcellent communication skills, with the ability to distil and present information.Good team working skills, with an ability to work autonomously, with pace and with attention to detailDesirable:Previous work with people analytics, or a good understanding of the key principles involvedPrevious programming skills - R, SQL, VBA and Pythontrack record of reporting on people data analysis (Running, collating, cleansing and presenting information)Dealing with multiple data sources presenting in a clear and concise formatManaging and prioritising multiple data requests from various stakeholders and undertaking business analysis and business performance reportingJob OfferThe day rate for this contract Data Analyst - Public Sector role is £350 per day INSIDE IR35Opportunity for Hybrid workingA chance to be a part of a project within a division of government