The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
Are you a football fan? Would you like to help England teams win by using latest technology? If answer is yes, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack developer who can bring ideas to life through technology, and be a key part of the FA software delivery team at St George's Park who design and develop applications to support the England national teams.
- A senior full-stack developer who will be responsible for the development of key projects for the England teams at St. George's Park
- Ensure that all code meets industry standards, and that proper process is followed, including use of source control systems
- Monitor changes to existing code base to ensure on-going supportability and robustness of software solutions.
- Aid the product manager in breaking down requirements into explicit programming tasks and provide estimates where required.
- Communicate project progress, timelines, and impact of changes clearly to project manager / team lead.
- Diagnose bugs and offer workarounds to business
- Keep up to date with latest developments in technology.
- Work with internal infrastructure service delivery team to ensure the right information security measures and user authentication are implemented
- Appropriate unit, integration, and regression testing
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 5 years commercial development experience
- Development within a Google (G-Suite) environment
- Data design skills including storage and retrieval of an extensive set of media both within and external to a Cloud environment.
- Experience of displaying data within HTML 5 and CSS environments
- Data design to provide rapid retrieval and service provision. Experience with logical data design, and in designing schemas for relational database systems.
- UI/UX design and build experience. Responsive Design for use on different devices
- Experience with unit testing, TDD / BDD
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum/TDD
- Query Languages and use of libraries
- Experience with Node.JS/React/Redux/Cloud SQL/Big Query
- You will possess an engaging personality and build a good working relationship with all key stakeholders.
- Building multi-media supporting systems
- 3rd party add-ons for Google environment
- Google Security Stack
- Google Endpoints
- Google Appscript
- Google Appsmaker
- Google Big Query
- Google Cloud SQL
- Native (Hybrid) App Development
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Contact Name: The Football Association