Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a well-known building society with headquarters in Swindon; As one of the largest savings and mortgage providers in the UK, 15 million members are at the heart of everything they do.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a UX Designer for a 6 month contract based remotely.
Purpose of the Role:
- Working end to end in true cross-functional teams, you'll get to help shape the future of the clients products and services. No stranger to collaborating in Agile environments, you'll work collaboratively within a team of Service Designers, Content Designers, UI Designers and Developers to create exemplary experiences and services - whether you're sketching, requirement gathering or researching together.
- You'll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and shaping the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested UX design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that are engaging and meet the needs of those that interact with them
As a Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day you'll have responsibility for design activities including hands on creation of deliverables through all stages of the project including research, ideation, prototyping, information design, interaction design.
What we require from the candidate:
- Demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing, experiences and services
- Confident in collating and analysing both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed design decisions, that balance user and business needs.
- Good knowledge of the experience design/user experience practice and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services - you'll be very hands on, so roll up your sleeves
- The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language - we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft - your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
- Experience of working in fast-paced agile sprints with multi-disciplinary teams and being able to take a pragmatic approach to meet tight deadlines, without compromising on quality.
- Empathy and creativity in equal measures - your ability to understand people's needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
- Brilliant people skills and the proven ability to influence wide-ranging stakeholders, often with conflicting priorities, to define, design and deliver the best possible solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
IR35 Status: This role has been assessed as inside of IR35.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of Off Payroll working. Any rate quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such, the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Contact Name: Stephen McCrory