IT Security Manager required for a Glasgow based business to manage a small team while retaining a hands on involvement in the group's IT security setup.
A Global Maritime Service Provider with offices across the world that is headquartered in Glasgow is looking to add an IT Security Manager to their expanding IT function. The IT Security Manager is a hands-on management position looking after a small team.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operations of the IT Security team
- Ensure deadlines are managed and met for all IT Security projects
- Responsible for providing IT Security input into IT strategy and subsequent projects to implement strategy
- Manage IT security strategy
- Responsible for IT security incident response, investigation, reporting and forensics
- Assess system security and recommend improvements
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT security
- Work with IT Quality and Contracts manager to manage contracts with vendors and software licenses
- Develop IT security policies and practices with the IT Quality and Contracts Manager
- Ensure training and personal development plans of IT Security team are created and followed
- Evaluate team performance against targets and KPI's and report monthly to Group Head of Business Systems
- Understand, implement and monitor security systems
- Regular reporting against risks identified infosec tools and mitigation actions/projects.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards, making necessary recommendations
- Help colleagues and the wider business understand information security management
- Participate in IT Security audits both representing the group as the audited party and performing IT Security Audits of other business units and 3rd parties
The IT Security Manager is a hands-on management position with excellent knowledge of the technologies in use by the IT Security team required in order to coach, mentor and train other team members as well as to define process, policy and working practices. With a global foot print we are looking for someone with experience of managing IT security within an organisation with a global user base.
With that in mind we are looking for experience in the following;
- System installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Be able to identify gaps in the teams knowledge and implement plans to close them
- Conversant with project management methodology's and frameworks
- Excellent team leadership, coaching and people management skills
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 and auditing
The opportunity to join a dynamic and forward thinking IT function operating as part a global brand owning the IT security for a group of companies.
There is a long term career opportunity to build out an IT security function driving technological advancement while progressing your own career.
A competitive salary and benefits package is also on offer along with flexible working.
Contact Name: Barry Smith