|Recruiter:||Oasis Community Learning|
|Listed on:||11th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£24,982 - £27,041|
|Start Date:||2022-01-11 00:00:00|
2nd Line Support Technician (Network)
Oasis is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our Community Hub enables people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts. Our Community Hubs are integral to making this change.
We are currently looking for a 2nd Line Support Technician to provide key advanced IT support and help us to continue to carry out our vital work.
- Salary of £24,982 - £27,041 per annum
- Local government pension scheme
- Continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- Make a positive, lasting difference within your community
- Support to grow and develop your knowledge
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 + 8 (Bank Holiday) days per year, rising to 30 + 8 after two years of service and more!
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional to undertake rewarding work with our excellent organisation.
Your pivotal IT support will enable us to smoothly and efficiently undertake our important charity work and ensure that no student suffers a disadvantaged education.
So, if this sounds like your ideal next step, we want your expertise and skills and together we can help make educational disparities a problem of the past.
As a 2nd Line Support Technician, you will provide 2nd line IT support to students, staff and external customers.
Managing calls that have been escalated from other areas of our service, you will provide assistance for all aspects of IT infrastructure, including networking, server, hardware and software.
Overseeing your incident call queue and performing advanced diagnosis, you will resolve 2nd line support incidents and queries or escalate to 3rd line support as necessary.
Your role will also involve:
- Configuring hardware, network and mobile devices
- Operating as technical lead on IT projects
- Visiting academies and sites to perform site or project audits and system migrations
- Mentoring other members of the team
To be considered as a 2nd Line Support Technician, you will need:
- A CCNA qualification
- A strong IT technical background
- Knowledge and/or experience of using service software packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with MS technologies
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A degree or other higher education qualification or equivalent experience in the areas of IT
A CompTIA A+, N+ and/or other computer qualification would be beneficial to your application, as would an ITL qualification.
Having achieved, or working towards, an MCP and/or MCSE qualification would also be advantageous, as would experience working in the education environment.
Other organisations may call this role IT Technician, IT Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Desktop Support Technician, or 2nd Line Helpdesk Technician.
Webrecruit and Oasis are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want your next step to involve varied and immensely rewarding work as a 2nd Line Support Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Contact Name: Oasis Community Learning
Job ID: 3029185