|Listed on:||7th January|
|Location:||Manchester & Knutsford|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As a Barclays Junior Java Developer you will join us at an exciting time of growth in our team. You will be working in a fast pace environment, to support the responsibilities of a Java Developer, which includes collaboration with developers to ensure quality network frameworks and identifying issues that affect product delivery.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised.
What will you be doing?
• You will produce SOLID code with excellent test coverage
• Proposing solutions to complex problems that are in keeping with the existing system architecture
• Developing solutions both tactical and strategic problems to meet business requirements
• Creating new and update current automation process, suggest areas for improvements
• Fulfilling all mandatory training requirements, remaining current on all regulations and compliance rules and administrative functions
• Using your understanding of Testing and Mocking frameworks (e.g. TDD, Mockito, WireMock etc) as and when required
What we're looking for
• Demonstrable understanding of Java and you have at least personal experience in coding in Java
• Demostrate knowledge of Unit Testing and its importance as well as at least personal experience in writing unit tests
• Demonstrate knowledge of versioning control tools (e.g. Git, GitHub)
• Curiousity and passion about technology and how frameworks and tools makes things happen
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Cloud Platforms, e.g. AWS, OpenShift
• Databases such as Oracle / DB2 / MongoDB
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Where will you be working?
Based in our Manchester office, which is in the heart of the city centre. Offering a modern working environment, with restaurants, bars and gyms just a stone's throw away from the office.
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.