Role: 1st Line IT Support
Salary: up to £20’000
Premier Group are currently engaged with a well-established client in the Birmingham area, who require 1st Line IT Support to join their team following an expansion of the IT department.
The successful 1st Line IT Support will join our Service Desk function where you will be the first point of contact for any technical issues the business faces. You will be assisting users with hardware and software problems via phone, email and a ticketing system, as well as ad-hoc desk side support
You will also be able to work 1 in 4 Saturdays.
1st Line IT Support - Responsibilities
1st Line IT Support
- Provide first line technical support, answering support queries via phone, email and ticketing system
- Deliver a high level of professional customer service on the phone and face-to-face when necessary
- Log all calls and resolutions to the service desk logging system
- Support users in the use of computer equipment and peripherals including telephone and mobile devices
- Where relevant, arrange for external support when incidents cannot be resolved in-house
- To escalate more complex issues to relevant IT support staff
- Maintain an organised daily structure, working to assigned jobs within an adequate time frame
- A keen interest in technology and computing
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to customer services
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during challenging times
- An intuitive and methodical approach to diagnose hardware and software faults in desktop PC’s, printers and mobile devices
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Exceptional customer service skills including experience of dealing with diverse customer groups
If you are experienced within 1st Line IT Support
and you’re looking for a new and exciting role, then please get in touch with Sam Hayward
at Premier Group (Birmingham Office) Not for you?
Premier Group offer a referral reward of up to £500 if you can recommend a friend who we successfully place in these roles.
Contact Name: Samantha Hayward