|Recruiter:||Coventry Building Society|
|Listed on:||6th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£42,000 - £60,000|
About The Role
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. We're a national society, with local values and loyalty, and a caring family ethos. We're ranked highly in Best Big Companies to work for 2021 and we are currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit for a Scrum Master to join our Agile Change Practice Team.
We're embarking on a journey to make Change more Agile, more responsive to business needs and to make sure we place the voice of our stakeholders and members at the heart of delivery. We're looking for exceptional people to join us as Scrum Master, to help us shape the future of our department, uplift our Change capability and deliver our transformation vision.
We're not just looking for the ordinary though! We want people who can ‘Be the Change' and have a ‘can do' attitude with loads of passion and drive. We want you to help us change and bring new ideas - you won't be afraid to do things differently, take ownership, work with agility and help others to think and work creatively to achieve outcomes.
By ‘Being the Change' you'll be adaptable and not only bring your expertise but a passion for life-long learning with a growth mind-set. As we evolve into the future, you'll champion new ways of working and encourage others to follow.
We're looking for a Scrum Master with significant, demonstrable experience of working in agile environments and using various tools, techniques and Agile methods/frameworks in cross functional teams. This combined with an understanding of more traditional project ways of working will help show the ability to work with teams in order to inspect and adapt and to successfully deliver change through our product and project delivery teams. A strong focus on Agile as a mind-set, balanced with a pragmatic value focused approach is essential to make sure we deliver the desired outcomes and benefits, anticipating and removing impediments and developing strategies to alleviate these as required.
You'll be working closely with Change Leads, Business Leads and Product Owners and you will work with your team to prioritise and deliver business outcomes by identifying and agreeing epics, user stories and backlog items in conjunction with Product Owners.
As we continue to develop our agile journey and capabilities you will be knowledgeable, enthusiastic and a proactive advocate in helping the broader adoption of Agile ways of working and the value it can bring to individuals and teams at Coventry Building Society. You will help maintain focus and attention on building a culture and mind-set of outcome focus, incremental change and continuous improvement.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate
• Expertise in the delivery of agile change, with exposure and experience of different techniques and delivery frameworks, i.e. Scrum, Kanban and/or other relevant ways of working.
• Commitment to achieving value based outcomes with an appetite to embed Agile and Lean thinking as the norm and helping to foster a culture of continuous improvement
• Strong servant leadership skills, ensuring delivery against commitments is achieved working collaboratively to address any challenges or blockers.
• A team player with demonstrable evidence of leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment, ensuring there is a sense of one team.
• A strong and demonstrable alignment to the agile values and principles, including a focus on transparency, inspection and the ability to adapt
• Excellent planning and organising skills.
• Outstanding communication skills at all levels of the business, with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to and passion for coaching teams towards self-organisation and cross-functionality
• A drive for efficient flow of work through teams by helping them remove obstacles and make improvements
• Experience of agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
• A working understanding of DevOps and DevOps principles is desirable
A demonstrable working knowledge of Agile frameworks and methods is essential, with recognised certification required. (i.e. Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Kanban Practitioner etc.)
About The Company
With wellbeing in mind and to comply with social distancing guidance, we are currently using digital platforms such as Zoom to conduct virtual interviews.
Contact Name: CBS Admin
Job ID: 3026581