My client - within the Financial Services sector is looking for a Senior Java Developer - Investment Banking to join their team in London on initial 6-month contract.
I am working with a global, industry leader in Financial Services in Central London, who is seeking Senior Java Developer - Investment Banking. They work continuously to serve their clients around the world, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services.
The successful Senior Java Developer - Investment Banking, reporting to the Project Manager will have:
- Participate in the agile full based project software development life-cycle including technical analysis, documentation, development, testing and code reviews.
- Provide 3rd line application support where required.
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the applications.
- Work closely with the other developers and solution architects in determining and following best development and architecture practice.
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design and technology choices for the Ennoblement platforms
- Propose and provide feedback on implementation plans, and technology direction of the platform
- Participate actively in collaborative team meetings and voice opinions
- Maintain and further improve the quality of deliveries and secure iterations
- Mentor less experienced developers
- Fully participate in requirement and design meetings for new functionality.
The successful candidate for the Senior Java Developer - Investment Banking will have the following:
- Strong Core Java (J2SE) development skills
- Proven experience of complex, PnL critical systems
- At least 3-5 years experience of software development in an investment banking environment, or equivalent
- Experience working with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
- Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate and other de-facto-standard technologies; including open source frameworks relating to work flow
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of SQL
- A solid academic background preferably in engineering, sciences or economics
This is a 6 month contract (with possible extension) inside IR35 between £650-£750 daily, working a leading international Investment Bank. Immediate start, pending checking, and onboarding based in the City of London.
Contact Name: Sarah Dawson