Any Acas Office
With an element of working from home. Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK and not overseas. You will be asked to express a location preference during the application process. Informal hybrid arrangements will be available and the balance between home and workplace working is to be agreed with the line manager.The post holder will be expected to spend a significant proportion of the week in their home office (Acas office closest to their home). Some travel may be required to other locations as and when appropriate and depending on project locations.
About the job
The Digital, Data and Technology team is looking for a Dynamics 365 Developer. The Dynamics 365 Developer will enable Acas's hundreds of conciliators to work with hundreds of thousands of people every year. This is an exciting opportunity to maintain, update and suggest improvements to Dynamics 365, the system which manages the data of everyone who experiences early conciliation.
- Work within a multidisciplinary agile team to design and develop the case management system (Dynamics 365);
- Working with contractors to ensure test and release processes are followed;
- Configure Dynamics user interface to comply with WCAG 2.0 accessibility principles;
- Ensure Acas has an efficient model for handling updates and bug fixes to code;
- Support the development and management of Dynamics APIs
- Line manage an apprentice, including coaching, shadowing and task sharing;
- Work closely with other Government departments (e.g. Ministry of Justice);
- Engage with wider Government Communities of Practice.
Who we are
Acas are the experts in workplace matters, we're impartial, so we're not on anyone's side. That means we're working for everyone to help prevent and resolve workplace issues by providing the best now and in the future.
Acas has been recognised for its Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace from the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion awards - Disability Confident Highly Commended; Pay Gap award winner and Overall winner for public sector organisations.
Acas are committed to providing services and developing policies which embrace diversity, promote equality of opportunity and eliminate unlawful discrimination.
Please refer to the job description for further information.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Please refer to the Job Description.
- We're big believers in rewarding people for the amazing work they do, take a look at some of the fantastic benefits we offer
- Learning and Development
- Reward and recognition
- Health and wellbeing
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare schemes
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Volunteering opportunities
Could you ask for any more?
You'll have access to a Life style website, were you'll be able to grab savings over a wide range of products from holidays to your weekly shop.
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles
, and will assess your Experience and Technical skills.
How to apply
Please click on the 'Apply now' button.
Please submit a tailored CV and an evidence-based statement of suitability reflecting the Essential Technical and Desirable Experience criteria listed in the Job Description. Your statement of suitability should be no longer than 750 words. It should avoid generalised assertions, instead including specific examples of achievements, explaining the degree of challenge, what you did and the outcomes.
Initial shortlisting will be based on these.
If you have successfully passed sift, you will be invited to an interview via MS Teams which is likely to take place week commencing 1st February 2022. The interview will be a Technical and Experience based interview.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.