The 3rd Line Network Engineer will help build and operate infrastructure environments and will provide critical input to ensure that the platform is designed with operability in mind. You will make sure that all work around infrastructure moves forward successfully.
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering with a successful Retail Business based in Merseyside.
- Help build and operate the Infrastructure environment
- Interacting with 3rd party vendors on a daily basis
- Offering comprehensive IT support to users
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Arrange for external support visits whenever problems cannot be resolved in-house.
- Prioritise and manage multiple open cases and mini projects at one time.
- Systems monitoring.
- Administer backups and restores.
- Establish a good working relationship with stakeholders across the business and 3rd parties.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Professional experience in networking infrastructure and system integration.
- Experience with core Internet technologies
- Experience with IT infrastructure components
- Experience establishing what drives quality and world-class customer focus and attention to details.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNA, CCNP), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE), Linux (LPIC-1, LPIC-2).
- Experience in the administration of heterogeneous network environments with Microsoft Windows and Linux based clients and servers
- Experience in IT asset management and purchasing
- Advanced knowledge in handling all common network and Internet protocols
- Experience with Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN / WiFi)
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Profit Share
Contact Name: Karim Afifi