|Recruiter:||Jaguar Land Rover|
|Listed on:||3rd January|
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a DevOps and Software Engineer to join the Digital Engineering Team to provide solutions to understand, process and visualise complex simulation and vehicle data within the Vehicle Dynamics team.
As a DevOps and Software Engineer, you will be responsible for increasing efficiency and robustness, delivered by having common integrated software tools and a high degree of process automation, tailored to serve the needs of Chassis engineering.
The primary focus of the role is DevOps support for the team, but you will also be expected to contribute to software development projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Project delivery, working closely with internal and external customers
* Responsible for managing the teams database servers & testing servers
* You will be responsible for the teams app packaging & release process
* Supporting the team automated testing framework
* Creating database structures
* You will be responsible for developing MATLAB toolboxes and processing functions
WHAT YOULL NEED
We are looking for a dynamic and determined individual, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. You will possess the ability to be able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with a strategic vision.
You will be able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focused solutions might look like. You will possess a strong understanding and knowledge of an Agile work environment and be an advocate and practitioner that will be responsible for the task delivery in a Scrum team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience in managing backend infrastructure (e.g. managing SQL database servers, Jenkins servers, app packaging & release)
* Experience with Object-Oriented Programming languages such as C++ / MATLAB
* Resilient and enthusiastic - an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
* Project management capabilities and the ability to support multiple projects concurrently
* Comfortable challenging with strong influencing and engagement skills - able to challenge existing thinking positively whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
* A passion for the automotive industry
* Agile advocate and Scrum practitioner
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a project team environment
* Good working knowledge of Product Creation Delivery Systems or a similar engineering delivery process
* Experience in using an automated testing framework such as Jenkins
Contact Name: Land Rover Jaguar
Job ID: 3024596