The 'Product Specialist' will support, maintain and adminster the Office for Students Dynamics 365 online environments. The role is also responsible for administrating and enhancing the associated Office 365 technologies that enhance the functionality of Dynamics 365, such as the Office 365 suite, working with other IT teams to build products and services which are easy to operate, scale and secure.
The Office for Students is an energetic, forward-looking organisation. They're looking for skilled, committed people who care about students and their experience of higher education. They especially want their organisation to be more diverse, so that they better reflect the student body in whose interests they work.
- Responsible for the general business applications administrator duties across various platforms. Applications Administrator to manage business applications through multiple environments both Microsoft and Open Source
- Business Applications are managed and the environment is securely protected and patched. Input provided where appropriate into the security policy, and into regular reviews to identify security risk
- Plans and manages changes to OfS Business Applications, organisational change, supplier change and associated documentation.
- Acts as the Application Analyst, responsible for contributing towards the designing, testing, operating, and improving of the applications they are responsible
- Acts as 2nd Level Support, responsible for taking over incidents relating to their responsible application/s which cannot be solved immediately with the means of 1st level support
- Supports and contributes to the design and implementation of business applications and solutions relating to the application they are responsible for
- Provides assurance that the organisation's business applications are appropriately recoverable and business continuity requirements can be met
- Proprietary releases proactively identified and subsequent deployments managed ensuring that business owners are appropriately informed and engaged, leading on testing and validation and managing the wider communications to the business
- Extensive experience with administrating Dynamics CRM, specifically 365 online
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Administration Centre
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 licensing.
- Dynamics 365 customisation such as entity creation, business rules, processes
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Knowledge of ticketing solutions
- Ability to identify patterns/ recoccurance of incidents
- Ability to identify bugs
- Knowledge of XRM Toolbox
- Good understanding of modern tools and methodologies that help shape the organisations ability to provide business insight.
- A comprehensive knowledge, and demonstrable experience of, managing enterprise applications in a large business
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Application lifecycle
- Ability to explain complex processes to technical and non-technical staff
A salary of £40-50k, dependant upon experience
Learning and development
Holiday allowance: 25 days per year and rises to 30 after five years' service
Maternity/adoption/paternity leave: OfS help you put family first with occupational maternity pay in excess of statutory, and generous paternity and adoption leave
Pension scheme: circa 27% employer contribution
Flexible working: OfS find an arrangement that works for everyone and many work flexibly, part-time or in job shares
Hybrid working: Currently staff have the opportunity to up to work 60% of their contracted time remotely and up to 30% of their working hours outside core hours of 9-5
Equipment for working at home