IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Experis are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to complete Infrastructure upgrades for a large public sector client in the West Midlands
Key deliverable and duties for the project
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of small to medium-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manage the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Gain agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors.
- Provide effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Take appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed tolerances. Actively represents the project team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- Evaluate and makes recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate.
- Develop, review and maintain project and programme management support strategy, and generic standards, processes, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Support the setting up of individual project processes and procedures. Ensure that in depth project and programme management advice and assistance is available to strategic projects.
- Advise on the use of planning, estimating, tracking and risk analysis tools and techniques, and supports the use of selected tools, such as project management software.
- Provide generic and specific support for the development and content of business cases, project plans, and review and audit reports.
- Evaluate project performance and recommends changes where performance is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Review and audit the management of projects and programmes to ensure conformance to organisation standards.
- Undertake business and technical assurance co-ordination roles.
- Be involved in establishing the Configuration Management System in use in the organisation and manages it for the project or programme.
- Degree or equivalent
- Holds Practitioner Certificate in PRINCE2 ® qualification or Relevant professional qualification
- Has gained experience (some at Level 4) in any SFIA Skill which involves project work.
- Is familiar with the project or programme development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of IT projects and programmes. Has practical knowledge of project or programme management methodologies, tools and techniques with in depth knowledge of at least one methodology.