Dints International is a supply chain company focusing on mining and construction in emerging markets, particularly Africa with ambitions to "do things differently" by using business as a tool for development. We are proud to be a member of the United Nations Global Compact, a group for businesses that are committed to aligning operations and strategies with 10 principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
As we approach our 15-year anniversary, we are on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise global trade and to provide our customers with the widest access to the best products from around the world. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to own our technology ecosystem and play an instrumental part in our digital transformation. Whilst as a team we'll grapple with new challenges along the way, the excitement and anticipation of what we want to build is enormous. This is a perfect role for an aspiring CTO to join a small and fast-growing business with big ambitions.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Closely manage partner technical support requirements and costs.
- Close working with technical supply partners to achieve continual knowledge acquisition and reduce dependency.
- Co-ordinate problem-solving efforts when multiple parties are involved and keep stakeholders updated on progress, at regular intervals.
- Working across the business identify issues and areas for improvement, defining the solution and implementation.
- Manage product defects or improvements through to resolution/stakeholder acceptance.
- Perform Root cause Analysis (RCA), analyse data, run tests upon finding a root cause, determine and recommend the appropriate actions to take, collaborates with relevant stakeholders and implement resolution.
- Develop and implement required service improvements.
- Manage UAT with applicable stakeholders.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Proactively maintain relevant documentation.
- Interact with colleagues as required to facilitate knowledge transfer and to accelerate product knowledge expertise.
- Take received requirements from users and prioritise/group together in projects for development and implementation.
- Business One on SQL & HANA
- Upgrade and Implementation
- Boyum Usability Package
- BPA, or similar, (eCommerce integration, EDI, DI-API)
- SQL Reporting
- C#, Visual Basic, XML Schema
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Server Management (SQL2008 - SQL2019); supervising and maintaining.
- HANA Studio Management
- Integration Framework (Maintenance, Add-ons, MTD)
- Queries, SP, views, UDF, UDT, FMS
Application Experience Required:
- JQuery (proficient)
- HTML (proficient)
- CSS (proficient)
- SQL (intermediate)
- JSON (intermediate)
- Ruby (advantage)
Systems Experience Required:
- B1 consultant or engineer or developer with exposure to multiple different systems in B2B eCommerce, international trade and/or Fintech
- Online portal administration and development using low code software, e.g., Codeless Application platform or similar
- Outgoing and personable
- Can do attitude
- Dynamic and creative
- Fast thinking and solutions focused
- A flexible working environment, to help you achieve the best work/life balance
- 100% remote working
- Mobile phone, laptop and full remote IT package setup to work remotely
- EMI Options Scheme
- Birthday Leave
- Holiday increasing with service
- Perks platform
- A flat organisational structure with loose, but supportive, line management