This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This role is responsible for operational tasks and general day to day desktop, server, network and telephony administration and support related to the IT Infrastructure environment.
Assisting where appropriate in keeping the core IT operating environment current and up to date while meeting service levels agreed with the business.
Dealing with end user issues and queries through to a satisfied resolution.
Financial Services Client in the Heart of Edinburgh
* Undertake daily operational checks, investigating and resolving any problems identified.
* Answer, evaluate and prioritise incoming telephone, voice mail, email and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems related to IT.
* Ensure IT incidents that dealt with are logged in the defined service desk tool and tracked through to resolution and where possible implement steps to prevent re-occurrence.
* Provide IT support for all aspects of the internal IT Infrastructure including but not limited to the desktop, server, network and telephony infrastructure.
* Conduct appropriate levels of troubleshooting and ensure that high priority incidents or incidents that require more detailed technical knowledge to resolve are escalated to the relevant senior members of IT.
* Send timely communications to the impacted business users when a service impacting incident occurs or scheduled maintenance is planned.
* Liaise with external support vendors for issues relating to IT Infrastructure or external vendors providing cloud solutions that deliver solutions relating to the core IT operating environment e.g. AWS or Microsoft Office 365.
* Perform documented standard operating procedures relating to things like patching, backups, monitoring, capacity management that keep the IT Infrastructure up to date and highly available.
* Ensure that all changes are logged in the defined change control system and obtain the appropriate level of approval before proceeding with the change. Ensure that details of the change are communicated to the relevant IT personnel and drive global consistency.
* Contribute to the global IT knowledge base.
* Work with others regions to load balance operational tasks across the global team and ensure global consistency.
* Have a good awareness and attitude to cyber security and proactively make suggestions of improvements to senior management.
* Possess initiative and a 'can do' attitude.
* Been involved with transition to O365 and administering MS Azure.
* RSA administration.
* New Starter induction (remotely) using remote tools ie: Go-to assist/ MS Teams.
* Iphone Setups/InTune
* Ability to work with team members, colleagues and business units to solve problems.
* Flexible and adaptable, ability to manage work within a changing environment.
* Able to work on shift and on-call out of working hours.
* Flexible approach to working hours to accomplish urgent and ad hoc tasks.
* Strong technical background and problem solving skills.
* Effective time management - proven prioritisation skills.
* Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate well to both internal and external clients in written and oral form.
* Good Knowledge the Microsoft Stack and key technologies associated with it. Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
* Good knowledge on the fundamentals of networking including TCP/IP and routing protocols.
* Good knowledge on the fundamentals of IT security.
* Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and Citrix XenApp/XenMobile
Great Salary, flex working, city centre location.