London (Grays Inn Road or Home Working)
Closing date: Friday 10th December
Why you should join us...
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in... and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area:
You'll be helping us starting a cloud project from scratch including establishing the quality and engineering practices, building and leading a team, and helping us shape a supportive, learning, inclusive engineering culture.
This role entails...
Process and culture
- Help design and implement quality and cross-functional software development processes
- Have a role in defining and enabling a good engineering culture
Recruitment and line management
- Recruit and on-board front end engineers in the team
- Line manage team members both internal and external from our near-shore partners
Software engineering and devops
- Lead and contribute to software design and implementation
- Lead software optimisation efforts
- Define and follow software standards and processes from peer code reviews to coding standards
- Follow best DevOps and DevSecOps practices, to ensure successful delivery, observability, operation and security of software in production
- Work with test and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Write unit and automated functional tests
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Experience of AWS especially serverless, e.g. Lambda, RDS, Aurora, RDS/Aurora,Cognito
- Experience of deployment using Infrastructure as Code, e.g. Terraform, Serverless, AWS SAM
- Worked with source control systems such as Github and flows such as Github Flow
- Experience of building and managing teams of Engineers
- Experience collaborating on cross-functional teams including architects, developers in test, QA, product owners
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you have a disability, we'll guarantee you'll get to the next stage*.
(minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Knowledge and experience of agile/lean processes and methodologies
- Experience working with software quality, observability and reporting tools
- Experience of TDD and BDD testing with Cucumber and Gherkin
- Experience defining and using CI/CD pipelines, e.g. CircleCI and security and quality tooling, e.g. Snyk, JSLint
- Knowledge of the UK broadcast industry & broadcast/OTT advertising market or digital marketing and advertising industry
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything.
Contact Name: ITV