|Recruiter:||Oxford Brookes University|
|Listed on:||16th November|
|Salary Notes:||£27,924 rising annually to £30,497|
Are you interested in innovative technology and utilising your technical expertise to help build a health and social care workforce with patient safety at its core? If so, then we want to hear from you.
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences is seeking to recruit a professional individual who has excellent technical and organisational skills working within a vibrant and supportive team. Confidence in communicating verbally across a wide variety of University staff is key.
The University is committed to provide our health and social care students with an outstanding educational experience and learning opportunities which are at the cutting edge of Immersive and Technology Enhanced Learning. The role of the Learning Technologist is central to the success of this aim. We envisage that this individual will work alongside academic and professional services colleagues to implement and operationalise the Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning Faculty Strategy. In conjunction with Academic colleagues the Learning Technologist is expected to work proactively to plan and manage the development of digital and immersive resources, varied e-learning material, including video, webinars, self-paced interactive resources, and Virtual Learning Platform activities such as that of Moodle.
This role involves:
- Providing expert technical and operational support before, during and after simulation training events, including testing, planning, setting up / taking down of facilities, safe operation of simulation equipment and video-debriefing support.
- To ensure resources are produced to high standards of pedagogical and technical quality. This will include working with academic subject matter experts across the faculty to recommend appropriate learning technology tools and activities for resources. Evaluating different technical solutions for resource creation and delivery, and collaborating with IT support to solve technical problems.
- Work with academic colleagues to develop an online repository of simulated learning educational resources which can be accessed and utilised by programmes
- Develop a sound working knowledge of the advanced patient simulators and audio visual systems, and undertaking initial and continuous training in relation to Simulation applications
- Attend conferences / regional committees / working groups in relation to sharing and improving best practise in simulation as required
- Filming, editing and videoconferencing where necessary for lectures and teaching sessions, ensuring that media production meets the university guidelines
- Promote weekly activities on departments social media platforms.
You should have:
- Degree or equivalent level with a strong component of IT in education
- Proven experience of supporting the academic and/or health and social care community in the design, development and use of digital resources and environments for blended or online learning in an educational context
- A high degree of literacy in the use of web and multimedia technologies for the creation of learning and teaching content and activities
- Experience of delivering training and support for the use of digital and immersive resources and environments
- An ability to demonstrate an awareness of health and safety issues
- first aid qualification or willingness to be trained
- A willingness to be trained as a fire marshall
- Experience of working in a dynamic customer focused environment
- The ability to work occasional weekends and evenings
- The ability to travel to the Swindon campus when required.
This role is Full time 37 hours per week, covering any 5 out of 7 days, 52 weeks a year. Hours will change to align with business needs.
You will enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the "Apply For Job" button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called "Supporting Documents", applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Closing date: 5 January 2022.
Contact Name: Oxford Brookes Uni
Job ID: 3006281