Job Purpose and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting the business from within the technology function through ownership of EMEA licensee technology investment planning. Aiding the adoption of technology stack by gathering, documenting, communicating and recovery of related technology costs.
While supporting the delivery of technology adoption programme, an effective analyst will develop subject matter expertise and gain valuable experience by partnering with senior analysts, technical resources, and business partners in the delivery of meaningful technology solutions, processes and services.
Key Job Dimensions & Scope of Role
- Individual Contributor
- No direct reports
- Travel may be required
- Not responsible for budgets
- Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Deliver an end-to-end process for documenting, communicating, tracking, and reporting on all costs related to the EMEA technology solution. Ensuring stakeholders have visibility to the costs, principles of the model and commercial benefits.
- Set-up a governance process for the on-boarding and ongoing management of all costs related to the EMEA technology solution, including recovery of costs from licensees.
- Embed governance to maintain model accuracy. Ensure roles and responsibilities of the model are adhered to and provide air traffic control over information needed to successfully maintain accurate costs and visibility.
- Create and maintain a contractual roadmap, documenting and monitoring contractual dates for each product & service line. Partnering with relevant business and tech partners to understand current and future vendor relationship changes, communicating clearly to the business and licensees any changes that impact cost.
- Ensure a process is in place for sharing and billing of relevant costs to licensees. Work with portfolio managers to identify costs related to their licensees. Support the technology portfolio team by providing cost packages, forecasts, tracking and billing information.
- Produce regular reports to leadership and finance regarding spend, forecast & recovery. Work with strategic planning team to feed into relevant financial processes, such as yearend.
- Act as a key point of contact for the technology team, business units and licensees who request information related to the technology costs.
- Manage the collection and analysis of technology investment information from the business and licensees to support the total cost of ownership process.
- Act as an advocate for project processes, developing and continuously improving ways of working. Continue to update and improve related processes & methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prior Business/Project/Financial Analyst experience, ideally within a technology team
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint (essential) & PowerBI (preferred)
- Business Analyst certification or equivalent industry experience
- Strong data analytical & visualisation skills
- Stakeholder engagement
- Requirements gathering
- Project support & reporting
- Benefits tracking
- Financial analysis
- Exceptional communicator, confident building relationships
- Proactive attitude and willingness to adapt to the requirements of the organisation
- Confident reporting key metrics or performance measures
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Retail solutions knowledge e.g. mobile apps, ePOS and other (preferred, not essential)
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce . All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.