DevOps Enigneer Azure - Birmingham/Hybrid 3 Months Contract £400p/d (Umbrella rate)
Azure DevOps, PowerShell, Docker, Ansible
Contract opportunity for a Mid Level DevOps Engineer to oversee the delivery of automated operational processes, including Azure DevOps operations, Design & Build phase, technical application / infrastructure implementation as well as creating best practice guidelines and recommend changes to streamline release & deployment operations. The role will need to collaborate with technical staff to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Adoption of automation technologies.
- Recomend ways to improve DevOps processes, tooling and solutions.
- Lead with the scheduling and running of knowledge sharing sessions with various stakeholders to help promote DevOps capabilities and processes.
- Creation of CI/CD pipelines to improve business agility.
- Lead with the upskilling and knowledge transfer for junior members of the team.
- Designing and building technical DevOps processes to meet the needs of the project.
- Support project managers and project support staff in producing quality DevOps pipelines, procedures and documentation.
- Working with project managers, IT Manages and Architects to define the technical direction for the applications and software to be supported.
- Assisting in the delivery of technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department, ensuring we drive the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performance systems.
Skills & Attributes
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Experience working in DevOps Engineer role is key.
- Proven experience of deploying IT DevOps solutions (Pipelines) as part of a larger project.
- Technical & Process design skills.
- Proven ability of embedding Security in every layer of the DevOps solution deployment.
- Detailed knowledge of migrating / implementing solutions into Cloud Infrastructure, Azure platform with accreditation preferable.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years working with Azure DevOps technologies (Rancher/Kubernetes/Harbor/ Docker/Tiler/Pearl/Helm (Helm Charts)).
- Excellent understanding of software release systems and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
- Experience of database systems, ideally in the relevant database technologies such as MS SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience of RedHat Linux.
- Experience automating processes using scripting languages (Powershell, Linux shell, Bash scripts )
- Ability to quickly research and absorb information and disseminate to technicians and management alike.
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Preferable experience of DevOps technologies such as Prometheus, Grafana and ELK Logging
Contact Name: Experis UK