|Listed on:||11th November|
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reporting to the DevOps team manager or Functional Director, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for delivering and supporting, high quality continuous integration and content delivery services and/or systems to the identified applications within IT architecture that exceed customers' expectations. The position is responsible for ensuring our IT application delivery service remains available, secure and performant. This role is required to administer, support, maintain and improve these application services. Using cutting-edge technology, the DevOps Engineer ensures our IT applications and services are designed and deployed to be best-in-class.
To do this the engineer works closely with application delivery teams by deploying, administering, monitoring and improving their service. This potentially is a 24/7 operation that requires on-call coverage from each engineer to problem solve any service incidents that may arise to production live applications. Using guidance from Sr DevOps Engineers, Security, Architecture and Automation subject matter experts, the specialist builds and runs infrastructure, operational processes, ‘infrastructure automation', improves development & operational capabilities (including disaster recovery, high system availability, on-demand scalable solutions, infrastructure monitoring, continuous deployment capabilities, etc.).
The Engineer will design, develop and deliver high quality systems and services that exceed customers' or business partners' expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility
• Deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical automated solutions including configuration and/or maintenance of both on premise and cloud-based systems.
• Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle including technical analysis, detailed design, configuration, delivery and documentation.
• Possess and apply a broad knowledge of DevOps principles, practices, and procedures of infrastructure systems and services to the completion of difficult assignments.
• Enable continuous deployment cycles and on-demand deployment processes
• Monitor applications and systems, identifying issues proactively and mitigating them to improve the customer experience
• Perform ‘code' and ‘code/infrastructure' deployments
• Maintain Configuration Management DB for key services.
• Communicate with key stakeholders on planned changes, incidents, and service improvement plans
• Analyse, define, document and/or review technical requirements for department's infrastructure and supporting components, logical processes and operating systems, interfaces with other services, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Produce and maintain relevant documentation to describe logical and physical configuration, standards, testing and changes where applicable.
• Undertake research on best practice guidelines and continuously strive to make improvements to the existing applications and/or systems, services and processes.
• Seek out and act upon feedback received and provide quality feedback to other team members to aid their personal development.
• Ensure all work is completed to the required quality standards, identify opportunities for continuous improvement of development processes and pro-actively transfer knowledge amongst team members
• Keep up to date with relevant technology areas and encourage others to do likewise.
• Assist investigation and resolution of incidents, problems and major incidents to a satisfactory outcome ensuring root cause is identified and solutions defined/implemented with changes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Responsibility for fault resolution, complex configuration changes as required to support service, including consultation with other service teams to manage faults and changes which cross domain areas Skills, know-how and experience:
• Proficiency in English language, verbal and written with ability to build relationships and influence
• Ability to interpret and/or gather user requirements and translate these into technical specifications and solutions.
• Highly logical with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with SDLC functional disciplines: QA, Development, design, etc.
• Working knowledge of modern Linux or Windows Server operating systems, preferably in an online, customer facing environment
• Strong working knowledge of DevOps tooling such as GitHub Actions, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, Azure DevOps/Deploy (formerly VSTS), or others used to automate builds and deploy.
• Strong knowledge of database design, replication, and administration (MySQL, MSSQL NoSQ (Mongo or DynamoDB) all welcomed!)
• Task automation using scripting languages such as YAML, PowerShell, Python, Bash, or shell scripting to increase efficiency and reduce error in an online environment.
• Good understanding of business processes and customer-first focus.
• Be an active and enthusiastic team player.
• Be able to take responsibility for planning and delivering team activities.
• Be willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment.
• Be a role model IT professional, demonstrating excellence in a range of general engineering practices
• Effective communicator and influencer to technical and non-technical audiences with excellent relationship management skills.
• Be curious and relentless when it comes to the Sage systems and infrastructure to ensure it's well understood, and incidents/problems are resolved.
• Extensive experience in cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Salesforce - Force.com is an advantage)
• Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker Image Management is a major plus
• AWS ParkMyCloud, Cloudwatch, and CloudFormation scripting experience is a major plus
• Experience in Sitecore CMS and Salesforce platforms is a major plus.
• Extensive experience in a support role, ideally to Tier 3, working in a customer facing, complex technical environment.
• Significant knowledge of multi-tiered system architecture.
• Strong knowledge and experience of hardware and supporting infrastructure
Components both on-premise and cloud based.
• Significant exposure to and knowledge of ITIL best practices.
Contact Name: Sage
Job ID: 3003754