Grades for publication: AD5-6-7-8
Duration: 5 Year (s)
Closing date: 16/12/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the "Aviation Intelligence & Performance Review" service is responsible for leveraging EUROCONTROL data and analytical insights to promote Agency's expertise and coordinating the activities of the Business Intelligence and Statistics service towards the achievement of the overall objectives of DECMA and achieving synergies.
Your role will be to:
- Manage large amounts of data, in differing formats, from multiple sources to enable effective performance monitoring and reporting of Airspace Navigation Services (ANS) in accordance with the established performance framework.
- Conduct data exploration and analysis using modern data mining techniques and visualization tools to provide insights via the production of various data products (e.g. annual performance review report, performance topic papers, study reports, etc.).
- Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and issue impartial advice and recommendations as support to aviation policy makers.
- Develop top-quality reporting and visuals to be used to communicate with various external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of processes and tools to monitor and analyse aviation performance related data.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate data provision and effective data management.
- Follow up on new technologies concerning data analysis and stay up to date with the latest practices/methods in field of expertise.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of at least three years in a relevant domain. Higher level of education would be an asset.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience, ideally within an aviation/air transport related organisation.
- Experience in interpreting complex data, detecting trends and producing data products (e.g. reports, graphs, etc).
- Experience or knowledge in using analytical and visualisations tools (e.g. Excel, Power BI, R-Studio, SQL Developer, web visualisation tools, etc).
- Experience or knowledge in operational aviation domain would be an asset.
- Technical English drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Customer Focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Team work: Fosters team work.
- Creativity and innovation: Applies new approaches.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become basic users of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.?The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
For more information on how to apply, please click on the "Apply" button.
Contact Name: Eurocontrol