OnBuy have an exciting opportunity for a Junior IT Support Engineer to join the team.
Who we are:
Since being awarded as the 'Online Retailer of the Year' at the prestigious PC Retail awards 2021, we have gone on to raise £35 million in a Series A+ funding round and have quickly become recognised as being one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in the world.
We are on a mission to provide ‘the most transparent and fair-trading platform' for sellers, and a place where buyers can easily find what they need, every day. What sets OnBuy apart from other marketplaces is that we don't compete with our sellers, we don't sell our own products and we don't have our own warehouses, which creates a more efficient business model that allows us to focus on the customer experience and helps us to reinforce trust in our sellers, and the platform itself.
Working under the guidance of our Senior IT Support Engineer, you will assist with the configuration and ongoing maintenance of our office IT computer solutions to ensure smooth running of Windows servers, online services, and user computer laptops to maximise the user experience, as well as work with the team to identify and implement business improvements.
What you'll do as a Junior IT Support Engineer:
- Build and configure new hardware for staff members
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, identifying and resolving hardware or software faults
- Logging hardware faults with manufacturers
- Replace and upgrade hardware parts as required
- Aid with movement of hardware: Setup and removal of computer work locations, relocation of hardware deliveries and collections
- Assist with asset management
- Support the configuration and maintenance of Microsoft AD and 365 updates and deployments
- Help with the roll-out of new applications
- User Account Management: Set up user accounts and profiles, reset passwords, disabling users accounts
- Support staff through computer issues, either face-to-face or through a Microsoft Teams session
- Provide end-user support, including procedural documentation
- Use the internal support desk solution, keeping tickets up to date with a good level of detail
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Assist with electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Provide cover for the department when other staff are on leave
- You may be asked to provide out-of-hours support, though this would be infrequent and communicated in advance wherever possible
- Travel to satellite offices may be required in the future
What we need you to have as a Junior IT Support Engineer:
- Fundamental knowledge of business software and hardware solutions including Microsoft Windows Server
- Proven troubleshooting skills with a solution-based approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Good focus and attention to detail
- A proactive mindset, adaptive attitude and a good team player
What you get in return as a Junior IT Support Engineer:
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed
- An employee share scheme - your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success
- 25 days' annual leave (+ 8 bank holidays) which we encourage you to use
- A good work-life balance
- Remote working and flexitime so you can work in a way that suits you
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house
- -And a casual dress code, wear what you're comfortable in
Contract: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Location: Unit J7, The Fulcrum, Vantage Way, Poole BH12 4NU, New office in Bournemouth
To submit your CV for this exciting Junior IT Support Engineer opportunity, please press ‘Apply' now.
Contact Name: OnBuy