There are no restrictions on who may apply.
Background information about the company is available on our website
Summary Of The Post
The post holder will work primarily on developing medical training software products. This will include our main product, VERT (Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training), as well as other products/modules that Vertual is developing.
Many aspects of the software development process will be involved, including programming, testing,documentation, and support.
The majority of our software development is in C++, using Microsoft Visual Studio under Microsoft Windows.
Software Engineer C++ Main Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and test software components while adhering to company policies and standards
- To produce software that is robust, reliable and fit for purpose
- To undertake necessary research and study to identify and develop software algorithms
- To provide necessary design and development documentation and user manuals for software.
- To undertake software maintenance as and when required
- To provide support as and when required to end users of VERT and new products
- The post holder will be expected to undertake all duties in line with the Company's Health and Safety policy and Quality policy.
Software Engineer C++ Person Specification:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject with relevant practical experience in Software Development.
- Good knowledge of the Software Engineering process.
- C++ Software Development experience.
- An understanding of object-oriented design.
- Good organisational, time management and reporting skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- A positive and proactive attitude to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Enthusiastic and conscientious.
- MSc on a relevant topic.
- Relevant experience as a Software Engineer.
- Relevant practical experience in 3D graphics Software Development.
- Experience in developing software for Virtual Environments and/or Scientific Visualisation.
- Experience with Software Version Control systems.
- Graphics programming experience
- Good mathematics skills relevant to graphics.
- 3D modelling skills.
- Software project management.
- Supervision of software development staff.
- Quality systems
Terms And Conditions
- Contract: Continuing, with a three-month probation period
- Salary: depending on experience.
- Holidays: 25 days per annum plus Bank holidays.
- Pension: contribution up to 6% of salary following probation period
The probation period provides an opportunity for the employee to fit within the working practices of the company. It shall be determined during this time whether the job is in line with expectations as defined by the Job Description, and by discussions at interview and prior to appointment.
The full set and definitive terms and conditions will be specified in the employment contract.