Technical Data Architect
City of London
£80,000 - £95,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Data Architect
Full Time / Permanent
Salary: £70k-£95k + generous benefits
Location offices to choose from: flexi working either London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Wales, Liverpool or Sheffield (remote for now)
Our client is one of the industry leaders delivering across the private / public sector in the UK. They deliver a wide variety of projects across multiple technology platforms into numerous business areas. It is a fast paced and challenging environment to work within. We are looking for dynamic, ambitious individuals who want to become part of their high performing teams.
The Data Management practice within the Insights and Data business unit. It involves a broad range of business and IT-focused topics from Information Strategy, Governance, Master Data Management, Data Architecture, Migration and Lifecycle Management. They help our clients build an enterprise-class data platform that allows them to move ahead in their journey of big data and insights. Primarily working with leading software vendors.
As a Technical Architect with a focus on data management, you will be working within the Data Management, Data Warehousing, Smart Analytics practices alongside some of the top experts in the country, on some of the largest and most complex client engagements across a variety of industry sectors. You will be given the opportunity to grow and take on responsibility from day one in a challenging but rewarding and meritocratic environment. The right candidate will quickly rise to senior positions on projects and within the practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consulting, leading, and performance of analysis and design of large applications, and business processes re-engineering process required to support Data programmes
* Contributing to the analysis of data management requirements, data integration, and performing complex data mapping activities
* Defining and documenting technical design and architecture for Data Management solutions
* Partnering with clients to gather a necessary understanding of business objectives and processes
* Focussing on identifying the underlying data issues using the right Data Quality tools
* Providing information, feedback and guidance to clients to support technology-related decision making
* Consulting and working with development teams to determine, execute and deliver relevant solutions
We are interested in seeing candidates with a good mix of the following:
* Hands-on experience in design and development of multiple large scale Data Management solutions.
* Hands-on experience with at least 2 more of the following: Data Management, Data Architecture, Data Migration, Master Data Modelling, Data Quality Management and Information Governance
* Hand on experience with leading data applications for Tier 1 vendors such as IBM, Informatica, SAP, Snowflake, Azure, AWS and others
* Demonstrable experience on a number of data related projects. This needs to include significant experience of at least two of: data architecture design, ETL design, data mapping, data quality assessment and information governance
* Demonstrable experience on at least 3 end-to-end data centric projects, ideally in a key role.
* Experienced in quality assurance of architecture / design deliverables and driving communication with key technical and business stakeholders.
Our client offers professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. And although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, they also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.