Job Title: IT Engineer
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
Express Solicitors are currently looking to appoint an IT Technician to assist the IT team in the day to day and long term function of the company's IT infrastructure. Candidates must have a minimum of three years' experience working within a similar role. Any experience working with Proclaim case management system will be a distinct advantage.
The role's main focus will be to ensure the smooth running of the company's IT technical resources and supporting internal staff members with any hardware or software issues.
- Administration of in-house software
- Administer and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 10/8/7 environments
- Administer and troubleshoot Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP
- Administer and troubleshoot VMWare environment
- Administer and troubleshoot Hyper-v environment
- Administer and troubleshoot logical and physical network
- Administer and troubleshoot Office365 solution
- Support for deployed printers, scanners and other peripherals across the network
- Support for remote working arrangements through Microsoft Terminal Services
- Support for company mobile phones or other mobile devices
- Support for company telecoms system
- Responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive asset register and warranty database
- Support for security systems linked to the IT network
- Powershell experience
- Switch administration
- Firewall administration
- Anti-virus administration
- A minimum three years experience working within IT Support.
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and technology.
- Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are essential across a broad spectrum of ICT disciplines.
- Ability to prioritise work received via telephone, email and helpdesk based on business or user impact.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external support contractors to ensure levels of service are attained at all times.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills .
- Must understand the concept of internal customers and ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of the firm's systems to deliver.
- Knowledge of Proclaim case management and experience of working with software provider Eclipse.
- BigHand digital dictation.
- Dragon speech recognition.
- IP telephone systems e.g. Avaya IP Office.
- Experience of working in the legal industry.
- Our standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday however, a degree of flexibility is essential due to the extended operating hours of the firm.
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, 2nd Line Technical Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Service Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician will also be considered for this role.