Who We Are
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count, with more than 29,514 towers across nine markets. IHS continues to grow and develop its existing positions and offerings in Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
IHS Towers is growing our global footprint and we are seeking a Structure Engineer to join our growing team in Cairo! As a Structure Engineer, you will ensure all standard checks for designs for site audit, BTS sites, upgrade sites have passed and are in line with necessary specification and standards.
- Perform TSS design analysis and communicate the results with the vendor to generate design drawing
- Notify warehouse to source alternative tower from vendors if required
- Manually perform TSS design analysis and enter the results in the Design Analysis Tracker database.
- Maintain up to date Design Analysis Tracker and any other trackers assigned
- Analyse pictures and additional documentation sent by the Field Service Engineer
- Conduct preliminary analysis of upgrade request
- Identify if a site visit is needed from preliminary analysis conducted
- Perform site evaluation and offer solutions to issue identified upon site visit
- Develop scope of work (SOW) for BTS/Upgrade projects and forward to PMO Design Manager for review
- Send approved design for archiving
- Liaise with procurement department for the selection of vendors. Analyse existing structures (poles, truss towers, guyed towers, etc.) for lateral and vertical loads and determine overall capacity of a given structure
- Prepare report packages justifying design requirements or engineering decisions under the project scope of work
- Convey engineered decisions to clients, co-workers, architects, engineers, and other personnel in a clear, comprehensible manner
- Produce drawings (CAD) regarding the installation, construction, or modifications to telecommunication structures
- Carry out site research regarding the development of construction drawings or other information as needed for the design/analysis of a given project
- Prepare construction drawings (site plans, equipment plans, elevations, sections, details, etc.) utilizing AutoCAD
- Gather field data to be used for calculations and transferring this data to construction drawings to be used by others
- Analyse TSS Document and Soil Test report for design drawing generation/approval.
- Analyse Tower Manufacturer's Foundation design for actualizing the best foundation for a site with its terrain of location
- Evaluate and analyse submitted site design drawings before final approval
- Approve designed drawings as submitted by the contractors
- Carry out first stage approval of Bill of quantities submitted by subcontractor before final approval by direct line manager
- Make expert decision needed on remedial work that require attention
- Carry out tower antenna loading spot check if needed
- Upgrade space check on site for additional customers
- Provide technical advice to contractors on the submitted drawing
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Write and submit reports to the BTS Manager in all matters relating to the unit
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by BTS Manager
- 1st degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or related discipline
- Professional certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 would be advantageous
- Upwards of 7 years related experience in the Telecommunications Industry
IHS is committed to improving the quality and availability of telecommunications infrastructure, the lifeline for an increasingly connected world. We are dedicated to helping create a sustainable future for the communities in which we operate, and our sustainable strategy is structured around four pillars: ethics and governance, environment and climate change, education and economic growth, and our people and communities.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!