Who We Are
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count, with more than 29,514 towers across nine markets. IHS continues to grow and develop its existing positions and offerings in Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
IHS Towers is growing our global footprint and we are seeking a Rollout Manager to join our growing team in Cairo! As a Rollout Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the rollout activities in the region, IHS staff and vendor activities on site. You will also be responsible for managing and coordinating all BTS and Upgrade Deployment in specific regions from inception to completion.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the BTS Manager and SAQ Manager informed of all critical issues.
- Implement plans and procedures for activities carried out by Rollout in the regions.
- Thoroughly understand and communicate requirements to appropriate team members and manage all requirements accordingly to each stakeholder.
- Ensure team members have the needed tools and provide timely feedback.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Evaluate employee performance, monitoring improvements in performance and making recommendations on promotions/movements.
- Provide mentoring to all subordinates.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Ensure all teams are practicing the principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
- Prepare detailed Project Schedule and present to BTS Manager for discussion and approval.
- Ensure the approved site design drawing received from SBC is followed. Approve Bill Of Quantity (BOQ) for BTS/Upgrades. Coordinate with SBC on sites requiring reticulation works and work with Procurement department in finding a suitable contractor.
- Give ‘go-ahead' to SBC to commence civil works.
- Provide necessary information for Field Supervisors and Site Build Contractors (SBC) to commence Technical Site Survey (TSS) for new sites and to commence civil works on site.
- Initiate and plan ready for installation (RFI) audits in conjunction with the O&M audit team.
- Ensure list of sites including WIP sites are up to date and appropriately updated on the system. Monitor full projects status from initiation to completion.
- Review monthly site upgrade priority list and follow up with contractors to complete as per plan.
- Prepare and update daily, weekly, monthly progress reports of the project and circulate to BTS Manager.
- Coordinate with PMO on power analysis and tower load analysis and follow up with recommendations for the site for both BTS and Upgrades.
- Responsible for the roll-out of sites in the region.
- Responsible for the roll-out in support of special projects.
- Manage the installation of infrastructure in the Region by improving the network and ensure all quality targets are met or exceeded for the Region.
- Work with all Head office functions to ensure that the regional teams are provided with effective plans and operating standards to guide execution of activities at the regional offices.
- Meet with the assigned contractors / team members to monitor project progress and discuss solutions to problems encountered. Coordinate with Site Acquisition Unit, Project Management Office, Operations Department, Warehouse Department and other Stakeholders for successful completion of the project.
- Perform random inspections in the field on project progress.
- Review and approve the schedule and resources, both material and human used on a project.
- Reviews power requests made and make recommendation for approval to PMO.
- Ensure sites are built in line with project schedule, budget, and specifications.
- Ensure that all Acceptance Test Plan (ATP) documents are signed on time, obtain Provisional Acceptance Certificates [PAC] and Final Acceptance Certificates [FAC] signed on time. Ensure that all snags encountered on sites are duly fixed, coordinate with other stakeholders for sites handover, complete documentation of the project, and check As-Built Drawings and make sure that contractor has successfully signed-off from sites.
- Reviews, coordinates and assign relevant duties to Field Supervisors.
- Manage the supplier relationships to ensure deliverables are achieved in timely manner and cost effectively.
- Manage financial resources within contractual boundaries.
- Provide input into budget.
- Ensure optimization of resources.
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Write and submit reports to the BTS Manager on all matters relating to Deployment.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by BTS Manager.
- 1st degree in Telecommunications engineering or related discipline
- Master's degree in an engineering field and/or an MBA would be advantageous
- Professional Certifications such as PMP or PRINCE2 would be advantageous
- Upwards of 14 years related experience in Telecom's infrastructure deployment
IHS is committed to improving the quality and availability of telecommunications infrastructure, the lifeline for an increasingly connected world. We are dedicated to helping create a sustainable future for the communities in which we operate, and our sustainable strategy is structured around four pillars: ethics and governance, environment and climate change, education and economic growth, and our people and communities.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!