Who We Are
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count, with more than 29,514 towers across nine markets. IHS continues to grow and develop its existing positions and offerings in Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d'Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking a Field Supervisor to join our growing team in Cairo! As a Field Supervisor, you will ensure efficient and timely site build, and installation of upgrade elements (Civil, Power, and RF) that meet consistent industry best standards/specification across the IHS Group.
- Ensure that the site build program is on target and make necessary decisions to assist Vendors and Site build contractors (SBCs) keep to schedule
- Attend Technical Site Surveys (TSS) and provide guidance in finalizing scope of work and material requirements for site construction, site rebuild (including when sites have issues and need to be reticulated to bring them back to operational status) and upgrade activities
- Coordinate all assigned network site construction and upgrade activities from start-up (Post ITP) to site handover (RFI) and closure (FAC)
- Timely response to SBC/TSP's requests to attend Test/acceptance hold points/meetings
- Coordinate all step-by-step acceptance testing activities with internal audit team
- Ensure First Class site build/installation quality according to specification and hand over same to Network group operation and maintenance
- Ensure Sites are accepted ‘first time' by Audit team & Operations
- Record and resolve first level snag/issues with contractors promptly
- Ensure sites are built on time according to rollout program
- Ensure sites are built within budget
- Maintain excellent safety record at site
- Continuous daily progress reporting on all assigned network site rollout to the Rollout Manager
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Write and submit reports to the Rollout Manager in all matters relating to Deployment
- Manage relationships with vendors and Site Build Contractors
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by Rollout Manager
- 1st degree in Telecommunication Engineering or related discipline
- Upwards of 4 years' experience in the telecommunications industry
- Need to have a civil works and power qualification
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of IHS
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- People Management
- Problem solving skills
IHS is committed to improving the quality and availability of telecommunications infrastructure, the lifeline for an increasingly connected world. We are dedicated to helping create a sustainable future for the communities in which we operate, and our sustainable strategy is structured around four pillars: ethics and governance, environment and climate change, education and economic growth, and our people and communities.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!