Job Title: IT Deskside Support Analyst - Level 2
Location: Chiswick, London, W4 5YE
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, shifts to cover Mon - Fri between 09.00 - 17.30 and 10.00 - 18.30, occasional 07:30 - 16:00
International SOS are a health & security services company who are in the business of saving and protecting lives, when involved in health or security situations worldwide. More than 12,000 multi-cultural health, security and logistics experts stand by to provide support and assistance from over 1,000 locations in 90 countries. Forming part of the desktop, your role will be to provide IT Support to their workforce to ensure they can deliver their service to subscribing clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build PCs and Laptops as required
- Resolve problems with servers, PCs, network and telecoms infrastructure
- Resolve tickets escalated from the Global IT Operations Service Desk & Local IT
- Ensure that all changes to assets allocated to users are recorded in the Asset Management Database
- Ensure the delivery of service in accordance with SLAs
- Provide 24 x 7 'on call' support on a rotational basis. Once every 4 weeks. 7 days on call. Monday start of shift to handover the following Monday start of shift. Overtime rates paid for time on call.
- Maintain good working relationships with other members of the IT team and Global IT Operations Service Desk as well as members of other departments (within the UK and worldwide) to ensure delivery of quality service to the Company
- Undertake administrative processes and procedures ensuring that they are followed accurately, diligently and are completed efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ensure user compliance with corporate, IT and security policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to line management
- Use documentation to undertake role and report any gaps in the documentation to the IT Operations Manager
- Support the implementation of the DR processes in the event of total or partial failure/loss of the Production Environment
- Ensure that all resources are maintained in accordance with the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability principles
- Provide guidance and training to users and develop user guides where appropriate
- Liaise with external service providers and their respective support teams to provide effective and efficient customer support to the business.
- Ensure continuing personal development as new technologies are introduced within the department and migrated into the production environment
- Possible travel to other Northern Europe sites
The Successful Candidate
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of 2nd line IT support skills and very strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role providing deskside support to users with varying degrees of computer literacy
- Proven IT support experience in a corporate or government environment
- Comfortable with supporting VIP users
- Experience in installation, configuration and support of DELL PCs, laptops, various types of peripheral hardware (including copiers, printers, and data projectors mobile phones)
- Competent experience with Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Experience with service desk / help desk ticket logging application
- Experience performing desktop and laptop builds using tools such as Microsoft SCCM / Autopilot
- Fluency in supporting remote users; Secure remote client (VPN)
- Able to troubleshoot Soft/Hard IPT phones (Avaya experience desirable)
- Experience troubleshooting various conference solutions (Zoom, MS teams, Skype for Business)
- Experience of mobile device management and supporting a fleet of corporate devices such as iPhones.
- Knowledge of Active Directory / Azure and Exchange & Office 365 environment; general administration of users' accounts.
- Basic understanding of Network patching, VLAN, Firewall
- Able to setup/ support conferences if required
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Fluent English written and verbal
- Thorough, demonstrates attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Organised and able to identify and prioritise work
- Supportive and reliable team member
- Able to work well to pressurised deadlines
- Must appreciate importance of standards
- Personable approach to dealing with issues and natural ability to build relationships with end users
- Methodical worker
- Excellent timekeeper
- Attention to detail
- Prepared to be hands on
- Flexible for swapping shifts
- Good team player
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; IT Services Manager, Senior Service Desk Engineer, Senior IT Technician, IT Desk Support, IT Manager, Senior Support Technician, Technical Support Manager, IT Support Engineer, Software Engineer, IT Systems Engineer may also be considered for this role.