Role - Java Developer
Contract Length - 3 Months (view to extend to 12 months)
Rate - Competitive (Outside IR35)
Location - Fully Remote
Start Date - ASAP
As the Java Developer you will:
- Contribute to our purpose, strive to build a healthier nation through the development of high-quality software to meet the needs of the client's customers, members, employees and partners.
- Responsible for building high quality, production-grade solutions that the Development Platforms team are accountable for.
- Responsible for working collaboratively as part of a multi-functional platform team focused on delivering change aimed at running, maintaining, improving and transforming the platform to the benefit of the client's users.
- Responsible for operating within a community of developers and architects, adding value to the whole.
- Develop applications based on sets of related stories.
- Understand the applications and systems they build, taking responsibility for creating production standard systems.
- Work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built.
- Find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability.
The Skill Sets needed
- Strong technical knowledge of production-grade applications based around Java
- A general understanding of modern IT systems, micro-services, networks and Linux based operating systems
- Java 8 OR 11 experience (started moving to 11)
- Have to have MQ messaging experience - The client use RabbitMQ but are happy with you having ActiveMQ / MQ experience
- Apache Camel is a MUST - This framework is the heart of all microservices to what they build.
If this is something that looks interesting to you, please send me your updated CV and we can discuss it.