Role Title: Project Manager - Future of Work
Duration: 7 - 8 Months
Rate: £480 - PAYE or £615 - Umbrella
Project Context: The Future of Work (FOW) at HSBC is Hybrid
We saw during the pandemic that some of the changes we needed to make brought benefits. Many people felt just as, if not more, productive at home as in the office and customer satisfaction scores improved. But people also tell us they have often worked longer hours and have missed human interaction.
The Future of Work initiative is about taking what worked well during the pandemic and addressing new challenges. This means adopting a new hybrid working model that is fit for the future, supported by new technology and working practices that enhance productivity, engagement and wellbeing.
Across HSBC we have programmes of work driving change as part of a big culture moment for the bank - moving to Hybrid ways of working. Hybrid working is not only about where we work. It's about how and when we work: Creating a culture that enables us to be at our best and deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers. A culture that promotes flexibility, collaboration, learning and wellbeing in both physical and virtual workplaces.
This is a multi-faceted programme, spanning the digital, physical and human enablers (we call these Pillars) of hybrid working and the Future of Work. Our pillars are all aligned to our Principles of: Customer Focus, Team Commitment and Flexibility. For us, it's important they are connected as employees think about the whole experience. This role sits in the Human pillar.
The Human Future of Work HR Products & Services PM is responsible for day to day activities that will ensure any required changes to our existing HR products, services, polices & systems are made to enable hybrid working. And to support this, robust change management and embedding activities are planned, designed, and implemented.
Everyday activities include:
- Governance and oversight of FOW-related HR products / system changes, ensuring end-to-end employee experience across and between FOW-related service changes is coordinated and aligned to FOW goals
- Co-ordination and tracking all FOW-related changes in the HR Products & Services sphere (e.g. what sequence do changes need to be delivered in, status of changes, approvals through governance)
- Work with the Change & Enablement Lead to take ownership of change & enablement activities related to HR products & services (e.g. training impacted audiences, policy / document updates, business readiness)
- Work with Head of Hybrid to translate BAU documentation required around the HRDirect journey into systems processes and policies (e.g. end to end view of all the support colleagues need to work in a hybrid / flexible way)
The role holder:
- Will have a broad knowledge of HR Products & Services (e.g. recruitrment, learning, performance) and understand interactions between services that will drive a joined up colleague experience
- Be experienced in programme planning and management - Agile experience a plus
- Have strong stakeholder management skills - influencing, negotiating, navigating a highly matrixed environment
- Have experience in programme governance, risk and issue management, reporting and tracking of changes
- Have strong attention to detail and be able to communicate complex / technical concepts in a simple way
- Have experience managing resourcing, and experience managing budgets is a plus
- Knowledge of HR departments and Global Service areas (e.g., learning, performance, recruitment, benefits, systems)
- Understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviours, processes, and objectives would be helpful
- Understanding of how to facilitate senior stakeholders and their teams in executing their changes to HR products & services
- Knowledge of project management methodologies / HSBCs change framework - ideally including Agile
- Have a high-level (not technical) understanding of key systems used to support key HR processes (e.g. HRDirect/ServiceNow)
- Proven experience in planning and managing deliveries to an agreed timeline
- Proven experience identifying and managing risks, issues, and dependencies
- Experience in leading delivery teams - ideally using Agile methodology / agile ways of working
- Experience of positive, challenging interactions with stakeholders
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-culturally diverse work environments
- Experience in programme, project or change management, ideally in a bank
- Experience mapping end-to-end HR customer journeys
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with global service areas
- Programme, project, change leadership and management
- Stakeholder management and influencing
Qualifications and Accreditations
Programme / Project Management recognised qualification or accreditation (e.g. PMP, Prince, Agile) desirable but not essential