Salesforce - Technical Architect - Consultancy - London
A Technical Architect (TA) designs the key technical components of the solution and helps direct our technical resources to develop and deliver the project deliverables. The TA reduces the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project life-cycle, shares implementation best practices, and recommends solution alternatives. Additionally, the TA often conducts design/code reviews during major project milestones.
- Conducts business with the utmost professionalism
- Fulfills commitments consistently on-time and proactively escalates commitments that are in jeopardy.
- Attends meetings on time, always. Judges the trade-offs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project.
- Familiar with project management fundamentals and fulfilling the project management role on projects.
- Designs and implements business technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications, specifically Salesforce, and other custom solutions.
- Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment.
- Works directly with clients to lead projects, facilitates business process analysis sessions, develops and delivers key components of technology solution.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members, including offshore team members.
- Serves as subject matter expert.
- Confident and willing to challenge a customer and guide the customer towards the appropriate solution for their needs and push back if a customer is asking for solutions that aren't in their best interest.
- Ability to guide customer towards creative uses of standard cloud software functionality to meet business requirements instead of simply relying on custom code solutions
- Generates timely status reports, time tracking, and expense reports
- Functioning as leader within the organization and industry. Examples may include subject matter expert, Community leader, Silver Lining lead, speaker at industry events.
- Participates actively in Discussions, building a reputation as a go-to resource for the toughest problems. Contributes to the Appirio wiki, contributes to the Asset Libraries, Cloud Management Center, sponsors new employees, and presents training/education sessions.
- Oversee technical decisions and activities of Appirio project teams including dividing up work, assigning to team members, and monitoring for quality.
- Understand platform limitations and design alternatives to work around limitations
- Identify when business requirements conflict with technical capabilities
- Provide constructive feedback to project teams
- Monitor technical deliverables for consistent quality as well as compliance with Appirio standards
- Partner with project managers to monitor project status and risk areas
- Perform the most advanced design and development tasks
- 8+ years project experience in a hands-on technical leadership position
- 5+ years of experience with Salesforce in a development or configuration capacity, 8+ years of experience highly preferred
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities
- Experience with other specialist areas such as Field Service Lightning (FSL) and CPQ preferred
- One or more current Salesforce certifications (Administrator/Advanced Administrator, Platform Developer 1 or 2, App Builder, Sales/Service Cloud), multiple certifications highly preferred
- Salesforce Technical Architect certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce Best Practices with Configuration and with Apex, Visualforce and Lightning Components
- Knowledge of Salesforce Integration Patterns
- Multiple Salesforce Project deployments including release and environment management
- Title and compensation will be based on several factors including experience
- Able to travel as required