|Recruiter:||Coventry Building Society|
|Listed on:||7th October|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £45,000|
About The Role
An opportunity has opened up for a Test Quality Engineer in the Information Security Product Team to work on some of the Society's key information security objectives.
As a core member of the team you'll use your expert knowledge and industry experience to drive adoption of changes and strive for continuous improvements and opportunities for innovation within a persistent Agile team applying your knowledge of Scum delivery. With excellent knowledge of the full testing lifecycle and experience with technical testing you'll be advising on strategies and approaches. Communicating with teams across the Quality Engineering community, IT and the Society. With a keen eye for detail you'll have a quality driven mind set.
You'll be a experienced and technically proficient person who possesses leadership qualities and excellent knowledge of testing practices, technologies and processes with a passion for learning more about Information Security, and the application of its policies and processes to continually enhance IT Security at the Society.
Key Skills / Responsibilities:
• A passion and interest in Cyber Security and willingness to learn new skills and share them with the wider team
• Ability to identify new and emerging opportunities and take action to make them a reality
• A strong team player with excellent communication skills, able to work collaboratively with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization
• Challenges the ‘status quo' and uses persuading and influencing skills to good effect
• Experience of owning and leading the test effort on projects/teams
• Proven track record of coaching and mentoring colleagues at The Coventry
• Ensures the team collectively take responsibility for quality and drives the importance of a "shift left" approach within teams
• Collaborative approach to working across multifunctional teams
• Strong appreciation of application architectures, infrastructure and database deployments at The Coventry
• Continuously looks for opportunities to challenge and improve established or new processes, policies and procedures at The Coventry
• Experience in both automated and manual testing techniques including functional and non-functional testing
• Certified Agile Tester or equivalent
• Understanding and competent in at least one programing language
• Knowledge or experience working within DevOps or Agile
• Understanding of the following areas:
o Security testing
o Functional Automation, ideally using Selenium (Robot framework)
About The Company
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We have a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you are happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.
Contact Name: CBS Admin
Job ID: 2988093