Responsible for assisting in the design, development and maintenance / support of the companies IT infrastructure in respect of network, desktop, server, telephony, electronic trading and market data services. The Infrastructure Engineer will be required to manage programmes and activities to enhance the firms investment in technology. You will be required to administer a variety of technical tool-sets to ensure success across the global infrastructure.
Financial Services organisation within commodities trading.
- Ensure vendors and contractors are engaged and plans are adhered to with budgets and timescales being met and within budget.
- Support head of IT infrastructure across the range of responsible functions within the IT team
- Work with, compliment and mentor the support services team globally.
- Manage the operations and activities associate with the companies computer network. Escalated support requests, hardware and software installations and maintenance and servicing all networks and computers
- ensure full and up to date documentation is maintained.
- Assist in the design, planning and development of computer networks and systems globally.
- Develop and implement effective programmes and strategies to ensure all domain services and computers are available when needed by users/customers
- Prepare technical requirements for maintenance of computer systems, networks, devices and services
- Act as programme/project manager as assigned
- Provide 1st - 3rd line cover for the support team
- Other duties where required.
- Good understanding of investment bank telecommunication related technologies and market data feed requirements are an advantage
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft server technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, File & Print, DFS and SCCM
- Good understanding of PowerShell to automate tasks
- In-depth VMware visualisation
- Good knowledge of Citrix technologies including VDI, Virtual Apps & Desktops and NetScaler
- Good understanding of storage technology (Dell EMC & Nimble)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and other desktop productivity applications
- In-depth understanding of data backup strategies and technologies (Commvault and Veeam)
- Understanding of Business Continuity Planning
- Understanding of firewalls and other security based technology and industry best practices for all aspects of IT infrastructure security (Palo Alto, Symantec)
- Good understanding of network technology (Cisco) ideally comfortable with Cisco configuration work up to CCNA level.
- Understanding of Office 365 and Azure
- Self motivated problem solver
- Delivery driven mentality and willing to take on project roles as the work requires
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Procurement and vendor management including managing licensing and contracts.
- Salary: £75K - £80K
- Discretionary Bonus
- other benefits to be discussed during interview stage.