Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained;
- Contributes to the availability management process. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures;
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures;
- Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures;
- Ensures system configuration information is complete, current and accurate;
- Ensures that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures. Ensures that documentation of the supported components is available and in an appropriate form for those providing support. Creates and maintains support documentation;
- Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks;
- Liaises with third-party support services;
- Maintains and updates Knowledge Base articles and system documentation whenever required particularly during/after system updates;
- Maintains own knowledge of specific technical specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area;
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to modify demand for a particular resource or service;
- Receives and handles requests for support following agreed procedures. Responds to requests for support by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant parties;
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximise hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated;
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports;
- Works on a team on-call rota for business critical applications and on a rotating shift schedule.
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting
- Experience supporting web applications
- Windows/IIS, .Net framework.
- Awareness of backend services using WebAPIs
- Awareness of programming / application deployment ie C#, VB etc..
- Very strong trouble-shooting and insight abilities;
- Very good documentation skills;
- Good understanding and support of third party applications.
- Agile methodology experience
- Awareness of REST, JSON, XML
- JIRA / Confluence / BitBucket
- Experience and skills in supporting server-side and desktop services and applications in C#
- Experience and skills in supporting a backend services using WebAPIs.
- ITIL Qualification
The IT Department is responsible for providing technology and support to enable fee earners and business services employees to operate efficiently both internally and with their clients. The IT department is comprised of two functions, Customer Services and Technology Services. These two functions work closely together with the shared goal of delivering strategic business value through the application of technology. IT operates as a global team with regional presence in most of our offices. Our centralised IT infrastructure is maintained and managed by Technology Services and Customer Services provides all business facing support and services.
Freshfields is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Freshfields is a Ban the Box employer. We ask applicants to disclose criminal convictions only when a conditional job offer is made. A conviction does not automatically lead to withdrawal of the offer: we make decisions on a case by case basis and take a number of factors into account (e.g. the role you are applying for and the circumstances of the offence). You would have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.