LandTech empowers property developers to build the places that communities need to thrive.
The UK is in the middle of a housing shortage and it's too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving. LandTech is part of that evolution. We're supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land.
We started five years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land - LandInsight. Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for sight sourcing and assessment, and we're a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success.
At LandTech, we believe in understanding the preferences, passions and life purpose for all our people and meeting them there.
It's understanding that families and outside life are important.
That's why we offer flexible hours, unlimited holiday, and a commitment to transition into a remote-first company by 2021, having listened to employee needs in our internal surveys.
It's understanding that we are all multi-dimensional beings, and not just working ones.
That's why we financially invest in both professional and personal development for all employees to help make that happen; from finally taking those driving lessons, to booking that father-daughter art class they have always wanted to do. We're just focused on being a great place to work, but we're happy to have picked up some awards along the way:
- Winner of the UK Customer Experience - Employee Empowerment Awards 2020
- Winner at the UK Employee Experience Awards - Employee Engagement 2020
- Top 10 SaaS Companies to work for - Sales Confidence, 2018 & 2019
- Excellence in People Development - PropTech, 2018
- Fastest-growing Business - PropTech, 2018
We're a diverse group of engineers working in an open, collaborative and cross-functional environment, to help understand the difficult challenges within the land and property systems. We empower teams and individuals to solve, build, deliver and operate high quality technical solutions to help our customers, and we're proud of our work!
We are guided by our Engineering Values (Confidence, Creativity, Collaboration and Excellence) and Engineering Principles. We champion a culture of 'continuous learning/improvement' and 'respect for people'.
Our tech is always evolving and best defined by our Tech Radar. As a summary here's some of our more commonly used tech:
- TypeScript, Node.js, Vue.js, Docker
- AWS - CDK, Lambda, Beanstalk, EC2, SQS, CloudWatch
- Data stores - S3, Mongo, Postgres/PostGIS (Aurora), ElasticSearch
- CI/CD via CircleCI. We deploy on average ~500 times a month
You will be working in a cross-functional product development team, reporting to the Head Of Engineering.
- You'll play a central role in developing our products and re-designing our platform to work across multiple regions over the next 12 months
- You'll help grow the team and mature our engineering culture, improving our craft and capacity to deliver
You care about the impact your work has to customers and believe that successful software comes from close collaboration; with customers and the people you work with. You flourish in an Agile, autonomous, cross-functional environment.
- You design solutions that are simple for other engineers to pick up, understand and build upon. You maximise the work not done, leveraging tools and libraries to deliver faster.
- You write test-driven, clean code and have a good understanding of programming paradigms (such as object orientated and functional), concepts and principles.
- You have a grounded understanding of algorithms, data structures and design patterns knowing when (and when not) to use them.
You will be accountable for:
- Delivering customer and business value, often, repeatedly and sustainably.
- Collaborating closely, supporting those around you.
- Helping understand problems and collaboratively providing high quality solutions to those problems.
- Writing clean, concise, high quality code that others can understand and work with.
- Communicating regularly and early with people inside and outside of the team, as part of responding to uncertainties and change.
Your team will be accountable for:
- Designing, building and operating high-quality software... You build it, you run it.
- Empathising with users and colleagues to understand the problems they face
- Understanding, importing and connecting datasets as part of our product... fast, automated, repeatedly.
- Building systems for storing and accessing our data, moving it to where it needs to be, easily.
You are experienced in:
- Cloud-based services and architecture (we use AWS) with infra-as-code (CDK)
- Working within a team, delivering creative solutions to complex problems
- Collaborating, understanding problems and defining solutions with those around you
- Initiative - Intermediate Level
- Growth Mindset - Intermediate Level
- Result & Quality Focused - Intermediate Level
- Problem Solving - Intermediate Level
- Creativity - Intermediate Level
- Collaboration - Intermediate Level
- Communication - Intermediate Level
- Global Citizenship - Intermediate Level
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A LANDTECH'ER
- Open - We are honest, collaborative and trusting, rooted in humility and a respect for creativity, sensitivity and differences
- Empower - We actively enable personal and professional growth by providing opportunity, autonomy and support
- Home - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing, believing work is a place where people can feel comfortable, cared for and happy
These are our values. And we live them every day.
Do you share our values? Then join our journey.
What we can offer you?
- The chance to work in a scale-up environment offering many growth opportunities and challenges... in how we organise, what we build and how we build it.
- An emerging, relevant sector (PropTech) and the opportunity to disrupt/challenge the status quo of how the spaces around us are developed... something all the more important since the pandemic changed the world.
- A remote-first, work-anywhere environment with flexible working hours... to help you be as productive as possible and support you in all the challenges life can create.
- Working within a cross-functional, self-organising team with autonomy around how you work in order to best solve problems. Being cross-functional also offers the opportunity to expand your skill set outside of your core expertise.
- Equity options
- Remote working (work anywhere in the UK)
- Flexible working hours (our core hours are 11am to 4pm)
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays, plus your birthday)
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- 3 days annual holiday for company trips/events
- Unlimited unpaid holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- £500 Professional Growth fund yearly
- £500 Personal Growth fund yearly
- Working from home fund for new starters
- Private Health Insurance with AXA
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your annual salary
- Day off on your Birthday
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Summer Fridays
- Increased Pension
- 3 Year Anniversary Reward
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Referral Bonus
Contact Name: LandTech