Graduate QA Test Engineer / SDET
£30000 - £30000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is an independent software and technology consultancy who have clients in the public and private sector. They pride themselves on their ability to deliver exciting new digital services for their clients. They focus on understanding their client's business and work with them to deliver change that makes their business more effective. They support their clients with their strategy, technical design, user experience, software development and delivery into live service.
They are looking for candidates who are interested in a career in technology to join them as Junior Test Engineers. After their software development and consultancy training, consultants will join one of their projects to help them to deliver the latest generation of digital online services for one of their public or private sector clients. They have a number of exciting projects for clients in the travel industry, government and leading edge start-ups.
You should have a genuine interest in technology. You will be critical thinking, enjoy tackling different problems in a structured way and are highly motivated self-starters. You should have great interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to deliver the best possible solutions for their clients.
You will ideally share their values and be aligned with their ways of working. As your career progresses, you can expect to work across all areas of the development lifecycle, from strategy to development to implementation, and to take on assignments in different sectors. This will provide you with a broad base of experience from which to build an outstanding career.
- After training, you'll be working as a test engineer on client projects
- Moving onto other client work (typically after 6 months to a year)
- Working as part of Agile teams, collaborating on requirements, development and testing
- Responsible for defining and executing testing strategies, and test plans and test automation frameworks
- Responsible for testing features through manual and automated testing
- Working with and learning from senior members within the team
- Enthusiastic, motivated, committed and capable degree educated individuals
- Genuine interest in a career in software development and technology
- Problem solving and Analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity / Need for wanting to learn naturally
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken word with an ability to successfully engage with team members and clients
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- Ongoing training and up to 10 days training a year
- Generous discretionary bonus
- Statutory & Contributory pension
- Free gym membership
- Annual Away days as well as monthly company socials
London/Remote with travel to client sites as and when required.