An exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Engineer has risen with one of my clients who has innovative products into the aerospace, maritime and land mobile industries. .
You will be responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd line support to all IT related issues and incidents. You will be involved in configuring,implementing, and maintaining the core hardware infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support services
- IT Systems (virtual and physical) installation, administration and support
- Linux/UNIX-based servers environment administration and support
- To manage, maintain and develop IT performance across the associated infrastructure
- Configuration, implementation and maintenance of core hardware infrastructure
- Maintain system availability, security and applications patching
- Provide technical user support and troubleshoot issues related to EDA systems
- Provide effective incident and problem diagnosis and resolution, taking ownership where appropriate
Qualifications & Skills:
- Provide input into the IT project planning process
- Take ownership of problems and finding solutions
- Willing to occasionally travel to Cambridge office and Baddow site
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Strong knowledge of VMware
- Experience with Azure
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, Group Policy and networking
- Cisco Meraki
- Supporting company hardware and software
- Extensive experience with Linux based OS