|Listed on:||23rd September|
|Salary/Rate:||£50,000 - £60,000|
As a Project Manager you will be accountable for the day-to-day management of projects, products or services, under the remit of the Portfolio Manager. You will be the go-to individual to oversee all change (this includes responsibility for Projects, Changes and Fixes), in-line with established processes and using an accepted project management framework.
Huge logistics company based in Birmingham with annual turnover of nearly 2 billion pounds per year
Responsible for mandatory changes such as security and platform upgrades for a Project, Product or Service. You will lead your project team to ensure their projects are delivered on time, to quality and within budget. You will also ensure that any type of change relating to the project, product or service is managed and communicated and that your projects comply with departmental standards.
Key Tasks/Areas of Responsibility
- Identifying and managing risks and issues throughout the life of a project, product or service Ensuring all change follows the agreed methodology and adopting robust governance standards including compliance with data security regulations - Working with stakeholders to define expected benefits and to create plans for their realisation
- Ensuring all necessary change applicable to the project, product or service are prioritised, planned and communicated in line with the agreed portfolio priorities
- Liaising with the Portfolio Manager to ensure the required resource is scheduled in line with the agreed portfolio priorities
- Creating, issuing and gaining sign-off on all project, product or service documentation and plans
- Managing and reporting progress to the business against the baselined project as well as key milestones for all change planned, linked to the project, product or service
- Delivering expected outputs to high-quality standards
- Engaging, communicating and presenting to SMT members on all changes for a project, product or service
- Managing external suppliers to ensure they deliver within contractual obligations
- Overseeing any allocated budget to deliver change associated to the project, product or service, within the portfolio, ensuring the correct process for quoting, invoicing & approval of spend are followed
- Capturing and reporting on lessons learnt Key Measures of Performance
- Achieve a minimum of 95% of project methodology compliance per project
- Stakeholder / Sponsor satisfaction surveys
- Implementation of priority changes/fixes resulting in a reduction of open incidents and problems
- Budget & financial management of spend against a project, product or service
To be considered for this role you must have extensive and demonstrable experience as a Project Manager ideally within a large scale, geographically dispersed multi-layered organisation. You will be Prince 2 or equivalent qualified and have an excellent understanding of project management methodologies. You will also be able to evidence successfully leading and inspiring your teams to deliver exceptional results.
- You will be a confident communicator/presenter with the skills to lead and manage your project teams to ensure their projects are delivered on time, to quality and within budget
- A person capable of decisive and effective decision-making, in a time pressured environment
- A passion for building and motivating high-performing teams
- Have the ability to effect and successfully implement change.
- Someone that really enjoys resolving problems and demonstrates high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Demonstrate the core values of DNA - Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability Job Specifics Full clean driving licence with a flexible approach towards travel is essential
A salary o £52,000 plus 8k car allowance plus other great benefits.
Contact Name: Adam Ali
Reference: TJ/9082/JN -092021-3599110_1632389312
Job ID: 2982037