This is an influential and newly created Head of Technology & Architecture role - working directly with the Executive Board. The successful candidate will be responsible for the entire Technology estate in a growing and ambitious organisation.
A well respected and successful organisation in the Education sector.
As Director of Technology & Architecture, this role is accountable for the development, implementation, management and monitoring of all technology operations, practices, policies, ICT systems and services and strategies needed to enable the effective and efficient delivery of education and operational objectives and support the delivery of outstanding teaching and learning (in the classroom and remotely).
- Ensuring effective integration of new systems (evaluating them according to established strategic goals and objectives).
- Analysing the business requirements of all schools and departments across the organisation to determine their current and future technology needs, ensuring the procurement of efficient, cost-effective and agile technological solutions, software and equipment to meet those needs.
- Maintaining the overall integrity of the organisations IT environment and IT business continuity arrangements.
- As technical lead for the profession, developing professional standards, SLAs, KPIS and SOPs for all technology services allied to best practice.
- Managing the day-to-day provision of expert ICT advisory and support services to staff and end users across the organisation
- Working with colleagues within the profession to develop plans and strategies so that client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved, and innovation encouraged.
- Effectively managing associated budgets, establishing appropriate expenditure reporting and forecasting mechanisms and ensuring efficient contract management of all suppliers and partners.
- Acting as a champion to use technology solutions to improve the outcomes and experiences for staff and learners within the organisation.
- Drive the harmonisation and renewal of hardware across the organisation
- Experience in a similar senior IT leadership capacity.
- Must be able to understand the needs of the business, as well as have a good technical grounding with proven experience of bringing together technology and digital resources to meet business needs in a complex operational environment.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-site organisation as a positive communicator, strong negotiator, listener and analytical thinker.
- Able to build, lead and develop agile / responsive IT teams, leading by example and managing cultural change, in environments where the end user is at the core of everything delivered.
- Able to engage and influence at the highest level, including CEO and Board.
- A good understanding of best practice such as Waterfall/Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, regulatory and cyber security requirements underpinning ICT service provision.
- The chance to take on the No.1 role in Technology in a fast moving and interesting organisation
- Salary + Package
- The opportunity to work with and influence at Board level
- Take on a talent Technology team