Job title: Senior T-SQL Consultant
Job type: Perm
Location: 100% remote anywhere in SA
Are you looking for the opportunity to work within one of the best industries in South Africa? Where you will gain exposure to the latest technologies and work in a fast-paced environment? Would you like to use your extensive T-SQL/SQL skills in a new environment that positively impacts people's lives? Sound interesting? Keep reading.
My client is seeking a Senior T-SQL Consultant to join their growing team!
The Job Role:
- Using our tracking system, the candidate will be responsible for identifying drawbacks and make appropriate improvements, in addition, the person will identify existing problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- The role requires interactions with the client's business analysts (or systems teams) to establish requirements for new enhancements. Analyse these requirements in order to build new business functions or enhance existing ones using T-SQL, to ensure that quality work is delivered in accordance with the client's specification. For example, developing workflows (using our integrated workflow tool) to design business process flows, or develop customised screens.
- Testing of various procedures and their interactions.
- Resolve support queries that are logged on our "issue log" system. (The candidate will use and interpret existing stored procedures in order to resolve queries/errors).
- Analyse and resolve any system errors originating from the database.
- Query optimisation.
- Writing of reports and creating report templates.
- Data conversion and data cleansing will be required at times. Knowledge of SSIS would be advantageous.
- Liaising with our training department to document any new processes or changes to existing ones.
- 5+ years experience with T-SQL, SQL Server
- An understanding of SSIS would be beneficial
- An understanding of DBA would be beneficial
- Understand the fundamentals of relational database design.
- Understand the fundamentals of indexing
- Knowledge of finance (Accounting and Investments) is beneficial
- IT-related B.Com or B.Sc degree.
- 100% remote working always anywhere in South Africa
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to new projects and the latest technologies.
If interested do not hesitate to get In touch and let's set up a virtual coffee, I wish you the best of luck with your application!
Send all applications to the below:
Click here to contact this recruiter
Contact Name: Matthew De Castro Silva