Location: Maastricht, Netherlands
Grades: AC 16/18
Duration: 3 Year (s)
Closing date: 13/10/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre , The "Safety, Quality & Security (SQS)" service manages MUAC's safety, quality and security processes. The service is also responsible for activities required to develop and maintain the MUAC Integrated Management System including the monitoring of its operation. It ensures compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements.
Your role will be to:
- Analyse cyber security incidents, using techniques such as malware analysis, report on findings and produce recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with the IT Security Officer on preventive measures and to ensure continuity of service.
- Produce complex technical papers and security operations center reports.
- Maintain and operate cyber security monitoring tools and identify potential areas for further development.
- Research on, develop and keep abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
- Coach and train other engineers on relevant technical matters.
- Participate in projects, working groups, studies, etc.
- Carry out any other task related to the main purpose of the job.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years in a relevant field (i.e. ICT and Telecommunications, Cyber Security, etc.). A relevant Master's degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant working experience.
- Experience in analysing cyber security incidents including malware analysis.
- Experience in scripting (python/bash/regular expressions).
- Experience in architecting, configuring and maintaining open source intrusion detection software (SNORT/SURICATA/BRO) is considered an asset.
- Experience with SPLUNK is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the following: TCP/IP, general networking and security concepts/architectures (Switching/firewalls/VPN/IDS/SIEM), Linux/Windows operating systems.
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Problem-solving: Anticipates and solves business issues.
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Creativity and innovation: Applies new approaches.
- Team work: Fosters team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at levels C1/C2.The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
For more information on how to apply, please click the "Apply" button.