|Listed on:||17th September|
|Start Date:||2021-09-17 00:00:00|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Consultant Opportunities - Net Zero Transition Team
EA Technology is an established company that provides high-quality products and services to owners and operators of power networks across the globe. We are recognised as a leader in our field, enabling our customers to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and lower costs, ultimately accelerating the transition to energy decarbonisation.
The world is emerging from a global pandemic and shifting to really focus on the challenge of achieving net zero to ensure a sustainable future. We want to be at the heart of the drive to achieve Net Zero in the UK and beyond, focusing on working with key stakeholders globally to help make the electricity system fit for the future.
We are now looking for a number of Net Zero Consultants to join our Net Zero transition Team at various levels and work at the heart of the Net Zero Transition.
- Competitive salary and pension contribution
- Generous leave allowance
- Private medical care, life insurance and more
- Ability to tailor the package to individual preferences
- Flexible working environment
- Ongoing professional development
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual from a distribution network, consultancy background or the electricity industry to advance their career in this exciting and rare role where they can make a real difference to the future of energy.
We're eager to accelerate progress towards clean growth, adaptation and resilience and you will work at the heart of our operations and the forefront of change.
So, if you are passionate about changing the way energy is used and want to make a difference to the environment as well as the business use landscape, this is the role for you.
As a Net Zero Consultant, you will be tasked with contributing to the delivery of a number of innovative projects focused on transitioning the electricity system to a Net Zero future.
You'll be involved in projects that demonstrate new technologies, commercial arrangements, operational processes or regulatory changes that facilitate a more sustainable future for our clients.
Your role will also involve:
- Working with distribution networks, local planning authorities, generators, large energy users and research bodies
- Representing our organisation at industry forums, working groups and conferences as well as client presentations
- Identifying innovative solutions to industry challenges
- Working with a diverse team to develop opportunities into potential projects
- Utilising standard toolsets to analyse, interpret and present findings from large and dispersed datasets
To be considered as a Net Zero Consultant, you will need:
- Experience of working in a distribution network, related consultancy or electricity industry innovator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Have a strong analytical skillset
- An understanding and ability to interpret the detailed technical challenges facing the electricity networks and their customers along with articulating how these fit into the bigger picture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - in particular, established habits of clear and unambiguous email and technical document writing, and an ability to present an argument clearly and concisely
- To have achieved, or be working towards Chartered status with a recognised body
- An undergraduate or higher-level degree and/or qualification in an electrical or another relevant engineering and/or scientific discipline
Other organisations may call this role Energy Consultant, Climate Change Consultant, Sustainability Strategy Consultant, Net Zero Transformation Consultant, or Energy Audit Consultant.
Webrecruit and EA Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Net Zero Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.