|Listed on:||16th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£27,000 - £27,000|
|Start Date:||2021-09-16 12:42:54|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client, an international chemical speciality business with a site in Dundee is recruiting for a talented QC Chemist to support their business needs. This is a ideal opportunity for a dedicated individual keen to forge a career in the precious metal market and gain exposure to non-scientific aspects of chemical manufacturing and not only QC work.
The role will be responsible for the Quality Control of products involving:
· Following and documenting analytical procedures to the ISO9001:2015 standard and integrating QC data with the ERP system.
· Devising new analytical techniques to improve quality control and for the testing of new materials.
· Working closely with the production team to ensure products meet the standards required while upholding agreed customer lead times.
· Collecting various data sets and presenting the results to the management.
· Interacting with the commercial team to provide quality data for use in customer visits.
· Maximising lab efficiency through prioritising jobs and adopting a tidy, safe working style.
· Responsible for the cleanliness of the QC area, instruments and balances.
· Responsible for the calibration and ownership of existing instruments and balances.
· A significant part of the role includes DG packaging, shipping and associated documentation.
· Developing knowledge and practical ability in becoming expert in techniques of physical characterisation as well as chemical analysis.
Skills and Experience
· Candidates required to be degree qualified in Chemistry/Material Science preferably with an analytical component.
· Working knowledge of analytical procedures within a quality-controlled environment with a experience in chemical industry, fresh graduates will be considered.
· Experience within a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
· Experience with analysis of high surface area powders, AAS, ICP spectroscopy, GC-MS, Particle size and Gas Physisorption is preferred, although not essential.
· Working knowledge of other techniques such as SEM-EDX, TEM, XRD is preferred.
· Skills in sample preparation particularly with inorganic compounds and metals would be advantageous.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Ability to use computer software in line with operations and planning.
· Working knowledge of safety requirements and procedures.
· The ability to with colleagues.
Please apply online in the first instance.