New requirement with a long standing client going through an exciting growth faze within their IT Support function.
They require a 2nd Line Support Technician to manage escalations from 1st Line through to resolution or to work closely with senior engineers on more complex issues.
Experience supporting Windows Desktop/Server, Office 365, Active Directory, VMWare, networks is essential; along with a great customer centric approach to IT Support.
My client is a Global retail brand based in Avonmouth near Bristol.
- Provide appropriate technical support for hardware, software and networks across the business
- Work with internal colleagues and third parties in order to deliver technical services, ensuring established service levels are adhered to at all times
- Use automation wherever possible to build or improve existing technical capabilities, driving down the rate of BAU IT operations
- Delivery of exceptional service to all users of IT, within a structured IT environment aligned to industry standard frameworks (ITIL Framework)
- Focus on solving customer's problems, striving to continuously better understand our internal customer's needs
- Be aware of the key IT and cyber risks, proactively operating to minimise these risks within the remit of the role, acting quickly to notify of any potential or identified IT risks through the appropriate incidents and escalations process
- 3+ years experience in relevant IT Support roles
- Experience in supporting a VMware-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (View, vCentre, vSphere)
- Working knowledge of mobile device management technologies Intune, Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, Group Policy Management, DHCP, DNS, O365 management, Solarwinds Monitoring would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience with supporting a Windows 10 desktop estate
- Proven experience in supporting and maintaining end-user computing solutions including physical desktops, mobile devices (laptops, tablets, smart phones), printers, and end-device security and remote access technologies
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written
- Ability to balance quality of output with pace by managing time effectively
- Some basic knowledge of Batch/Powershell scripting (training provided)
£27,000 - £28,000 + additional benefits