Technical Delivery Lead (Contractor Build, Integration & Release)
6 month contract | 40 hours per week
£462.54 PAYE | £535.85 Umbrella
The SAP Contractor Build, Integration & Release Lead is a crucial role in the SAP Programme and Services organisation and is responsible for the co-ordination, planning, resource management, reporting of SAP development and integration configuration, releases and system cutover activities. Working closely with the SAP Programme, Solution Architects, Leads, Development, Integration, Technical and Functional teams to ensure all SAP Projects, Changes, Releases and both technical cutovers are planned, coordinated and delivered successfully.
- Liaise with the functional and technical leads to manage the collective team's workload to deliver code ensuring all stakeholders and programme/project are aware of workload and agree timescales
- Provide regular updates to SAP Technical Lead to ensure all deliverables remain on track
- Manage the delivery of analysis and translation of the functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications, ensure we can actively track the project deliverables
- Manage and co-ordinate project and change releases to agreed schedules
- Co-ordinate functional and development resources required for project delivery based on team lead management at the project/task level through the lifecycle of project
- Manage change effectively and drive efforts to improve the product and processes with the technical team leads
- Be able to organise workload for distinct teams with the technical team leads from both project and BAU perspective by setting weighting based on SLAs, priority and expected delivery dates
- Be able to translate workload into specific manpower needs and move around deliverables with the agreement of technical team leads
- Be able to front discussions and challenge the SAP functional and technical teams with sufficient knowledge of the subject or task to convey confidence to the customer base and know when to involve the technical team or the application services manager as necessary
- Be able to work with and supply sufficient information to functional, testing, training and PMO groups
- Understand the use of tools like Project Server, Microsoft DevOps, Team Foundation Server, Basis Technologies Active control and HP ALM, understand waterfall and agile methodologies
- Be able to ensure the landscape is stable from a transport perspective and to understand the impact of changes to the landscape, especially any parallel/dual landscape implications
- Ensure the technical solution is delivered as defined and fits with the overall strategy
- Ensures technical team agree and define the technical scope of work at the outset with the Solution Lead and/or Solution Architects
- Articulate and breakdown the activities in sufficient detail to ensure the project manager can monitor progress delivering the solution
- Ensure team members are aware of their workload and ensure they update progress on activities and features/backlog items so that progress on technical build can be updated to the programme in a regular and structured way
- Ensure functional requirements and designs are agreed with the stakeholder community and delivered in line with IS standards and processes
- Ensure consistent application and systems documentation is updated when projects and smaller changes are implemented
- Ensure all technical decisions taken are commercially aware and support business and IT strategies
- Ensure you work actively to improve and enhance the team's service delivery
- Ensure all relevant documentation is produced to agreed standards for the service, all processes and technical information to build and manage the application must be managed in a structured format
- Ensure all work carried out is either a support service within an agreed SLA or Project activity sanctioned by the PMO
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years plus experience delivering solutions using an industry standard enterprise toolset that could include JIRA, Eclipse, Microsoft DevOps, TFS, HPALM or equivalent
- Structured delivery of standards based on secure coding practices
- Good understanding of process design and data flows to ensure these are leveraged in solutions
- Very good experience of understanding and writing business requirements, specification writing and delivery of business focused technical solutions to an agreed and tested standard
- Highly experienced in delivering solutions to an agreed standard using agreed industry methodologies
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Systems Field or 10 years plus experience designing and/or delivering solutions
- Management of transports ideally via tool such as Active Control
- Experience or exposure to IT Governance.
- Experience of Basis Technologies - ActiveControl
- Exposure to ITIL Framework.
- Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus.
- Strong experience of delivering mobile solutions on SAP platforms for the business
- Experience of delivering work using agile methodologies
- Experience of integrating with on premise solutions and cloud based solutions not limited to SAP but with particular focus on SAP Ariba and SAP SuccessFactors
CLEARANCE AND LICENSES:
- Must have UK Nationality and be able to gain SC clearance.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately and we will be in touch to discuss suitability.